Van Halen were amazing

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    Well it's a silly genre of music and I can't imagine ever putting in the effort to do something so silly so well, but it is bloody impressive!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • A few weeks back I had my phone playing music on shuffle. A song I didn't recognize started playing (there's a lot of music on there...) and I was immediately struck by the guitarist's tone and feel, by interesting note choices and really good, clean technique.

Turned out to be "Learning To See", which was recorded for the Best Of Both Worlds VH best of.

Point is, even if you don't know who's playing, and even when it's not exactly one of their best, or best known songs, Eddie stands out as someone who really knows how to play the shit out of the guitar.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Stuckfast said:
    Well it's a silly genre of music and I can't imagine ever putting in the effort to do something so silly so well, but it is bloody impressive!
    The 80s were very silly. Everyone is moody and cool now, no camp or pomp. Possibly because the 80s stand as a warning
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    I found this recording of the first time I saw Van Halen.
    They were the support band.
    It's audio only but it is great quality.
    My mate and I had never seen or heard anything like them.
    Poor old Black Sabbath came on after this lot, it was their 10th anniversary tour.  They just seemed like plodding dinosaurs.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    edited January 2020
    My favourite 'album' of theirs...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • Not much of the gear, even less idea.