Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
    tFB Trader
    Interesting

Will be interesting to see what/if any changes this brings - I believe Guitarist etc was owned by Future Publication and had been making quite big losses for a while - Not seen recent reports - But was not exactly on fire, for whatever reason
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
    tFB Trader
    Interesting

Will be interesting to see what/if any changes this brings - I believe Guitarist etc was owned by Future Publication and had been making quite big losses for a while - Not seen recent reports - But was not exactly on fire, for whatever reason
    Remember The Guitar Magazine recently acquired new owners
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:

Its still Future Publishing, its what they did with Classic Rock and Metal Hammer, the online portal is for both and branded LouderSound.  They own the USA mags too
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16254
    Jason said:
    Strat54 said:

Its still Future Publishing, its what they did with Classic Rock and Metal Hammer, the online portal is for both and branded LouderSound.  They own the USA mags too
    Future have been running GW for a while and their websites had pretty much the same content anyway ( from what I’d seen) so it seems a reasonable amalgamation. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    Don't forget to rush out for your fresh copy of Guitarist tomorrow......its the RELIC edition (ducks). Celebrating 25 years......
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    Looks like we made it into this edition of it too
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    Future Plc is looking rather healthy and they have been acquiring loads more companies over the past year. Shares prices are on the up. Amazing really, I guess their net presence is helping. I don't buy Guitar Player nor look at their site but was surprised just now to see they are part of Future too.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2331
    Interesting

£7.49 for the physical version of Guitarist now. No wonder it’s struggling. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    edited January 2020

So all those UK mags, plus the USA mags Guitar World and Guitar Player, are now owned by Future?  Which is a UK company.  It feels like some kind of reverse takeover.

I stopped buying all the paper magazines last year and in theory I get the electronic editions via Pocketmags and Readly.  In practice I never actually look at them.

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    StefB said:
    Interesting

£7.49 for the physical version of Guitarist now. No wonder it’s struggling. 
    Cheap considering a 20 a day smoker would be able to buy a magazine a day at that rate 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Ever decreasing circles.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    They've owned them for quite a few years now, I'm surprised that its taken them this long, the two bass mags (UK & USA) have been amalgamated (well almost - a good chunk) for over 12 months
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast