SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gibson Les Paul Classic Premium Plus 2001 £1750 sold pending usual

What's Hot
Ben_McCarthyBen_McCarthy Frets: 115
edited January 2020 in Guitars £

Evening all,

Up for sale today is my Gibson Les Paul Classic Premium Plus. It’s a 2001 which is the last of the good wood era classics.

These aren’t to be confused with the more recent classics. These were an upgrade on the standards of its day and then a further upgrade for the Premium plus top. This is a proper custom shop level top. When I first played it I genuinely picked it over custom shop’s that were available to me.

It’s in good nick, but it’s been played. Got some buckle rash but nothing to write home about. 60’s profile neck, abr1 bridge.

It’s an ex Gibson Artist guitar, it was most likely an endorsee’s guitar which was eventually returned to Gibson as they ‘lend’ guitars out. This must’ve been the pick of the bunch as it has an incredible top, one piece pack and is the perfect weight at 9lbs by my bathroom scales.

My only reason for sale is GAS (I’m getting a Martin 000), I got rid of all my les Paul’s apart from this one but I’ve been playing my fender’s more. Included in the sale is a late 80’s Gibson chainsaw case which are undoubtedly the best Gibson Cases. I kept this behind from a previous guitar because it was so good.

I was going to put some 80’s Greco Dry pickups in it, ive got nothing else for them to go in so they can go with the guitar for the asking price. More than happy to do the usual meet-up in a car park or come over and try it first I’m in Epsom, Surrey. I can also ship via UPS which I imagine will be £30 or so.

I really want a sale only however if it was a chunk of cash and something else try me, worst I can say is no.

£1950 price drop to 1850, drop again to 1800, 1750.

https://imgur.com/a/50F4A8w

11reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank god that isn't natural/lemon burst/whatever it's called. I'd have been on it like a fly on shit.

Very nice nonetheless. Glwts!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah shame, thanks mate

Not sure what all the lols are about, maybe I went on a bit in the description! 
  • Bump with price drop 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    edited January 2020
    The lols will be from passive aggressive types with small willies who feel the need to say something cos it's a Gibson.

Looks lovely, GLWTS mate.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump with further price drop 
  • Bump 
  • Drop to 1750
  • Sold pending usual 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom