Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Epiphone 2020 - new headstock

What's Hot
TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
edited January 2020 in Guitar

Comments

• Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
    All sounds very positive, and a good idea to have a core line which mirrors the gibson core line. Also nice that they are going to do some American made runs.

Keen to see what they have done with the ES guitars. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Amazing how much a little detail makes a big difference.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18375
    Amazing how much a little detail makes bugger all difference to anything but the look.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9498
    Honestly, I couldn’t tell the difference. I suppose the “I wouldn’t buy an Epi Les Paul because of the headstock” crowd are wetting themselves though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1756
    Yeah long overdue and sure it was stuck with some Henry obscure rule of branding the new headstock will make Epiphone sell.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wish they weren't doing that Firebird, I may not be able to resist, I hope it's rubbish, I really can't get another guitar. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 491
    Looks great
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    *hides wallet*
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26743
    I wish they weren't doing that Firebird, I may not be able to resist, I hope it's rubbish, I really can't get another guitar. 

Yup, the Firebird looks fantastic, and easier to justify a cheaper guitar for an oddball sort of thing.

I’m not the target market but the new headstocks do make the LPs and SGs look much better.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I've been waiting for this all my life.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited January 2020
    Amazing how much a little detail makes bugger all difference to anything but the look.
    I agree but for me the headstock and maybe the finish are the only things that would stop me getting an Epiphone over a Gibson or a MIJ copy. Everything about them is already spot on for what I want. The plasticky shine of the finish can always be knocked back a bit with steel wool I guess. Also interested to see what their LP Modern looks like as I’d rather have that new neck join.

I just hope they don’t mess around with other features like putting the headstock angle back to the “authentic” Gibson one, as I understand the one they use on Epiphone is better.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
    The headstock seems to be grabbing all of the attention but that's the least interesting part of the revamp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I want that Firebird! I wonder how much they will cost. The SG looks pretty great too.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • That blue p90 SG just went on my GAS list- need to try the neck first though. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3889
    That SG with Maestro is being purchased.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    I want that Firebird! I wonder how much they will cost. The SG looks pretty great too.
    Try one first. I bought a Bonamassa Firebird and moved it on because the neck just refused to stabilise with my string gauge. 

It sounded great, but I gave up after a few months of constantly fiddling with the truss rod. It had the proper through neck laminate construction too. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited January 2020
    That works for me!

I want to replicate Brian Robertson's Live & Dangerous Black LP Custom with white plastics, open pickups and gold parts but can't afford a USA Custom - this might just get me there on my budget.

https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/black-customs-w-cream-plastic-the-frampton-marriott-robertson-frehley-look.252795/

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Kebabkid said:
    That works for me!

I want to replicate Brian Robertson's Live & Dangerous Black LP Custom with white plastics, open pickups and gold parts but can't afford a USA Custom - this might just get me there on my budget.

https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/black-customs-w-cream-plastic-the-frampton-marriott-robertson-frehley-look.252795/

Having very similar thoughts, just a John Sykes Lizzy era version :)

I hate saying it but the headstock does make a difference to me. Yep I really hate admitting that to myself.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited January 2020
    clarkefan said:
    Kebabkid said:
    That works for me!

Having very similar thoughts, just a John Sykes Lizzy era version

I hate saying it but the headstock does make a difference to me. Yep I really hate admitting that to myself.
    Not at all and I get it. The old one just deviated from the look to the point that I started thinking could it be reshaped and then you start looking at the cost.

Let's see what the retail price is I think GG have been doing the old headstock ones for good prices in their recent sale.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Be interested to see what the prices are on these. Hopefully they haven’t done a PRS and gone a bit silly.