Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New/reissue Fender lead iii and HM?

What's Hot
What? Have fender snuck into my Reverb watch list and made limited editions of my two favourite models? Don’t they know I have no money and empty credit card balances! Argh! So much conflict! 

Fender LIMITED EDITION HM STRAT 2020 FLASH PINK
https://reverb.com/item/31195137-fender-limited-edition-hm-strat-2020-flash-pink?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share

Fender PLAYER LEAD III 2020 Purple Metallic
https://reverb.com/item/31214947-fender-player-lead-iii-2020-purple-metallic?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    my first ever fender was a turquoise HM Strat with single pickup
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204

Fender LIMITED EDITION HM STRAT 2020 FLASH PINK
    https://reverb.com/item/31195137-fender-limited-edition-hm-strat-2020-flash-pink?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share

Horses for courses, but not for me thanks.

But i do genuinely wish you luck in your quest to get your hands on one of the 300 limited production examples. Now slightly more likely, knowing that I am out of the equation.  ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5596
    soma1975 said:
    My first Fender, and second ever guitar, was the same but in hot pink. The Kahler Spyder trem was awful mind. Played really well though. Wish I still had it. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1699
    I had a Lead II as my first Fender guitar .It had a Tele headstock shape  and two strat pickups .It was a nice guitar and maybe I should have kept it knowing what I know now .
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    Haych said:
    soma1975 said:
    My first Fender, and second ever guitar, was the same but in hot pink. The Kahler Spyder trem was awful mind. Played really well though. Wish I still had it. 
    *internet high-five*
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Wow , I love the HM Strat  it looks just like the 80s ones . Only a Floyd special though for a grand ,is a bit cheeky. Could have put an frt 1000 on it.  Never the less I feel a deep yearning for it in the pit of my stomach .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7082
    All the old ones I played back in the late '80s weighed a metric ton. Was never a huge fan of their sound either, always sounded 'meh' through my old JCM 800 stack.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    The lead 3 looks awesome
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 681
    edited January 2020
    Lead 3 looks great except: horrible cheapo plastic truss rod hole thing. Why do they keep doing this? It looks terrible!

For that reason alone, I'm out.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    MY.EYES!

;)
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Does the HM Strat come with the correct scale length of the original ? 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4136
    edited January 2020
    DrBob said:

These new ones are 25.1" scale length I believe... I think that's slightly longer than the originals?

I really really wanted an HM Strat when I was a kid, but I never got one. The Squier Contemporary Active I had scratched that itch, and had a couple of things that I prefer: a volume knob that doesn't get in the way every 5 seconds, and a reverse headstock

I like the look of that Lead 3, but again the volume knob is in the wrong place
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• DrBob said:
    According to the specs on that Reverb ad, yup. 25.1”
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
     I wish they would reissue the Performer.  
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Dear god... can’t they come up with *anything* that isn’t a recycled also-ran from decades ago?

I can just about see the HM Strat having an ironic not-cool-but-cool retro appeal now, but the Lead was just an ugly plank at the time and still is. Hopefully they won’t have reissued the depleted uranium body and badly-shaved pencil necks...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919
    I would love one of these, but with only 300 pcs, and it being nearly a grand, I think I'm out. Should prob just look to get an original.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 618
    ICBM said:
    Dear god... can’t they come up with *anything* that isn’t a recycled also-ran from decades ago?
    I like the new CS Brawler, but I don't suppose we'll be getting a regular production version any time soon. Or ever.
  • gusman2x said:
    I would love one of these, but with only 300 pcs, and it being nearly a grand, I think I'm out. Should prob just look to get an original.

I think I'd prefer a Charvel San Dimas, tbh...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1386
    edited January 2020
    That headstock 'Strat' logo on the HM manages to encapsulate all that was bad about the '80s. Not just the bad design that was prevalent then but also the terrible hair styles (men and women), awful fashion, dodgy cars, Margaret Thatcher....
  • ICBM said:

I can just about see the HM Strat having an ironic not-cool-but-cool retro appeal now, but the Lead was just an ugly plank at the time and still is. Hopefully they won’t have reissued the depleted uranium body and badly-shaved pencil necks...

New design from Fender I stumbled across.

It doesn't sound great in the YT video though.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom