Robben Ford - Blues Revolution

Has anyone tried this Truefire course and would like to share their thoughts? Or any of Robben's courses, Truefire or otherwise. I've really got into his playing recently, I think a lot of what he plays sounds so good because of his sense of rhythm, but would like to glean as many nuggets of wisdom as possible!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    I've got it on DVD actually, but I do have quite a lot of Truefire courses. I must get round to actually learning something one day, but they're pretty good in  general. Some (maybe all)  of the free samples that you'll find on the Truefire site will be on YouTube for you to see whether you fancy buying the full course, as his are pretty pricey.
    Call me Dave.
  • Yes it’s brilliant. One of my favourite TrueFire courses. Lots of insight into his approach to soloing and rhythm playing. You won’t be disappointed. You might be able to get it in one of the sales they have regularly.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited January 2020
    Friends use the Truefire ones and have said they are excellent
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I have all his truefire stuff. It's alright but you need to pay attention to keep up, he assumes you know a lot.
    More of an insight into how he thinks rather than lessons as such. The ones I like the best are the "In the Jam" courses where you can along with, or remove his part (and others) completely,
  • I have all his truefire stuff. It's alright but you need to pay attention to keep up, he assumes you know a lot.
    More of an insight into how he thinks rather than lessons as such. 
    This is defo worth bearing in mind if you're looking at any of the 'masterclass' level courses. They tend to focus more at a high level on the strategies of the players rather than the nuts and bolts mechanics. They're all good but depends where you are with your playing and what you're looking for.. 

As an example I'm just watching the Josh Smith course which is great (the guy speaks so much sense and you can plainly see how he got to where he is with his playing) but his opening couple of lessons's say something like 'in my view you need to focus on these areas of knowledge - all the scales in all the keys, all the technique you need to execute whatever you want to play at whatever tempo etc...' Sensible stuff but hardly useful other than as an overarching strategy :)

Si