SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted: Non-reverse Firebird

What's Hot
I’ve been keeping a casual eye out for one of these for a few months. I haven’t really seen much available though.

One option is bringing in a vintage one from the USA, but that would mean selling 3 others to buy a guitar that I might not get on with.

So...does anyone have one for sale? Maestro preferred but will consider others.

Thanks 
Previously known as stevebrum
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    worth looking for a decent original, maybe refinished. they're good value compared to SG specials. 

i'd be VERY reticent to courier a non-rev FB coz there are very few decent hard cases for them and the headstock length combined with the Gibson easy-snap angle means you're likely to end up with a load of mahogany splinters that used to be a guitar
  • I believe Gibson Custom shop have them in their new line up

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/gibson-2020-full-line-up-revealed/
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    hairmetal said:
    Thanks - no maestro but it is in my watch list  ;)

Is it yours? 

I believe Gibson Custom shop have them in their new line up

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/gibson-2020-full-line-up-revealed/
    Interesting thanks - but I expect they’ll be near the price of a vintage one...

bbill335 said:
    worth looking for a decent original, maybe refinished. they're good value compared to SG specials. 

i'd be VERY reticent to courier a non-rev FB coz there are very few decent hard cases for them and the headstock length combined with the Gibson easy-snap angle means you're likely to end up with a load of mahogany splinters that used to be a guitar
    Good advice but I think I’d be lucky to find one over here so bringing one over is probably the only option.  :/
  • MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    I bought a secondhand 2011 3 x P90 sunburst model from Coda for £700 (I think). Its my main guitar now, but the prices seem to have gone up - it has the baked maple fretboard which I understand may put some people off but I don;t notice it at all. Worth keeping an eye out for!
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    Iamnobody said:

bbill335 said:

Good advice but I think I’d be lucky to find one over here so bringing one over is probably the only option. 
    there are definitely a few knocking round over here. 
    bbill335 said:
    Iamnobody said:

bbill335 said:

Good advice but I think I’d be lucky to find one over here so bringing one over is probably the only option. 
    there are definitely a few knocking round over here. 
    This is the only vintage one I can find and it’s too expensive for me.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/pxp191018349990001--gibson-1965-firebird-iii-refinished-aged-white-pre-owned

I have been offered a very nice custom shop guitar from a member here that I’m toying with the idea of buying. It doesn’t quite tick every box though and that’s the only reason I haven’t jumped straight on it.

The new 2020 models look very nice but I expect they’ll come with a heafty price tag.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FkWWtm4aRSM

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3137
    As you can get a new one from Thomann for just £580, it’d make sense to do that and mod it to exactly how you want. It’ll still come in cheaper than most are being sold s/h and will be exactly how you want it (ie. if you wanted 3 pickups instead of 2, p90s, vibrola). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks gents I ordered the Pelham blue one on Friday night when the original link was posted.

It was shipped yesterday so should be with me soon. 

Thanks @freakboy I was torn between the sunburst and Pelham - not sure which I prefer but in the absence of no other blue guitar I went for it. 

@Teyeplayer that was my thought process. My only reservation (afterthought) was the neck profile. Pretty skinny on these by all accounts?
    Iamnobody said:
    Thanks gents I ordered the Pelham blue one on Friday night when the original link was posted.

It was shipped yesterday so should be with me soon. 

Thanks @freakboy I was torn between the sunburst and Pelham - not sure which I prefer but in the absence of no other blue guitar I went for it. 

@Teyeplayer that was my thought process. My only reservation (afterthought) was the neck profile. Pretty skinny on these by all accounts?
    Actually not too bad. I like bigger necks and get on with my nr fine. It’s a lot chunkier than the SG’s I’ve played/owned and is bigger than a 60s LP shape.

I think the carve may be slightly more even over the neck and this along with the displacement off to the left goes a certain length in stretching those hand tendons. 
  • Here’s my old NR. Started out as Pelham blue...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2020
    Here’s my old NR. Started out as Pelham blue...

Wow doesn’t quite do this justice. 
    Edit: can you give a run down of the changes?