recommendations please for silent classical guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    Have you tried the latest version of the Silent Guitar? The original was completely different. The SLG200 has the SRT system and it's crazy good. There are also 2 versions for different feelz. Reglar big wide classical neck and skinny slim I'm an electric player but want nylon sounds I can play neck. Seriously, the SRT is mental. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9446
    Have you tried the latest version of the Silent Guitar? The original was completely different. The SLG200 has the SRT system and it's crazy good. There are also 2 versions for different feelz. Reglar big wide classical neck and skinny slim I'm an electric player but want nylon sounds I can play neck. Seriously, the SRT is mental. 
    I must agree with Ross here... I used one that I had borrowed for a few months and it sounded crazy good into one of those little AER amps.
  • GTCGTC Frets: 261
    edited January 2020
    Mine was the 2nd generation SRT system - at first I thought Wow but, after I while, I found it a bit artificial sounding. However, if you want a silent guitar which does it all for you without any external  processing then it is impressive.

I converted mine to left handed by replacing the screw-on cutaway section of the frame with a piece cut from solid mahogany to give the guitar a symmetrical appearance. I eventual sold it to a right-hander and it was easily converted back with the original cutaway (photos below - converted and unconverted)
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11789
    hmm
    I'm thinking of the SLG200NW now
    Mine above was the SLG200NW. It is a lot more comfortable and natural for classical playing than a Telecaster. Despite my reservations about the nature of the SRT system it is probably the best affordable all-rounder.

I still have a soft spot for the Aria Sinsonido. However, the supplied tuning machines were very poor and I replaced mine.
    I've ordered the SLG200NW 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It arrived today, will probably keep it. I'll do a NGD if I do
    it seems quite hissy into DI
    it seems quite hissy into DI
    Never tried it through a DI - just directly into an amp and through the headphone output from the guitar and this was fine. I found the SRT performance could drop off after playing on batteries for awhile so, for studio use, I used a suitable mains adaptor - reallocated from another piece of gear.