SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

B&G little sister crossroads

What's Hot
justtt007justtt007 Frets: 205
edited January 2020 in Guitars £
After lusting after one of these for a long time final got one and after much painful deliberation I have come to the conclusion it isn't the guitar for me ☹️ open to trades on this beautiful guitar

B&G little sister crossroads https://imgur.com/gallery/T0u175V

Staring to fancy a musicman, any about for trade?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    edited January 2020
    Crikey, that must have been a quick decision! It wasn't the one I sold yesterday, was it? Lovely guitars though and they either suit you or they don't. Good luck with the sale.

Edit: looks like it was the one I sold yesterday in Birmingham. I'm that case, I can vouch for the quality of it. Its an excellent piece of kit. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • justtt007justtt007 Frets: 205
    Im pretty sure it is the one, I had delusions of grandeur being a modern day Robert Johnson with it I think! Sadly not the case though! Amazing guitar though really can't express that strongly enough it's tonality is very impressive! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited January 2020
    I'm confused, although sometimes that's normal for me. DB1 thinks it's the one he sold yesterday. You're 'pretty sure' it's that one. And you've come to the conclusion it's not for you. Did the deal happen wearing disguises and in silence. I don't understand how you don't know who you sold something to, and who you bought something from.

All this in 1 day?. What's going on here?.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Firstly I said I think it was because DB1 sold it to another person who I didn't think was my place to name on here publicly if that's ok with yourself? 
    Secondly I really don't see what it has to do with you? Unless every guitar related deal in the UK has to be run by yourself first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2020
    Because I was thinking of buying it, which DB1 will confirm.

No need to be so sensitive.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Then if you were seriously considering buying it why not contact me first rather than commenting publicly where I would've happily explained.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

justtt007 said:
    Then if you were seriously considering buying it why not contact me first rather than commenting publicly where I would've happily explained.

Because you're an unknown entity, with a half arsed cryptic sales post, and I trust @DB1 so wanted to know what was what.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    How exactly is my sales post cryptic? You are also an unknown entity to myself but happy to make your sarcastic comments, all I was saying was that before you said anything you could of asked and then confirmed with DB1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Good luck with your sale.

Thanks
    edited January 2020
    Sorry about this - I seem to caused a bit of an isssue accidentally. Yes, I'd sold it in Brum on Sunday to a dealer friend of mine, and I'm assuming that he advertised it straight away. I hope it's not breaking any confidences by saying that @justtt007 had been in contact with me re: a possible trade. I can also confirm that @MikeS also had an interest.

As @justtt007 had been in touch only a couple of days before, I thought it was a coincidence and indeed it is the same guitar. @Wazmeister has also played it recently as has @edenfield99 and will no doubt confirm that it's a really good, well-built instrument.

As a result, I can definitely recommend the guitar! It's lovely thing, and I'm guessing that @justtt007 had one of those moments (as most of us have!) when you finally get the guitar that you've been wanting for ages, play it and think.... 'oh, bugger - it's not for me'.

It happens to me a lot, and I can certainly decide within a day if it's not for me. Well, some of the time.

I can understand the 'Robert Johnson' bit, and I'd suggest that the P90 version might give you more of that, although I think that yours (the HB version) is a bit more rounded in terms of playability, and certainly has a richer, bassier sound to it.

Hope that clears up any confusion, and GLWTS. As I said when I was selling it, they're massively impressive guitars, so much so that I've ordered a Private Build version, and am struggling to see how they can be much better than the Crossroads version.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26453
    edited January 2020
    justtt007 said:
    Firstly I said I think it was because DB1 sold it to another person who I didn't think was my place to name on here publicly if that's ok with yourself? 
    Secondly I really don't see what it has to do with you? Unless every guitar related deal in the UK has to be run by yourself first
    Please try not to be over-sensitive here; this is a tight-knit community, and trust goes a long way. Without the context of the explanation from @DB1 above (which it's clear you couldn't have provided in full), I'm sure you can see how it'd seem to an observer that you might've bought it to flip at a profit, which is something that's obviously frowned upon (given that this is a community first, and a place to buy/sell second/third/fourth).

Now that everyone's got more appropriate context, it's all good

Note: if your blood is still boiling, please go and make a cup of tea before responding. Unlike the other guys in this thread, ads on here are subject to review by myself (and the moderators), but then so is membership. This one's cool, no rules have been broken, everything's been cleared up...so let's all be friendly and move on
    <space for hire>
    I may have been a tad over zealous with my indignation bit didn't want anyone thinking I was trying to make a quick profit on them, I put the guitar up at exactly the value I had it for. I do apologise to @MikeS
    For reacting but I felt this was exactly what was BB ring implied.Many Thanks @DB1 for helping clarify the matter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • justtt007 said:
    I may have been a tad over zealous with my indignation bit didn't want anyone thinking I was trying to make a quick profit on them, I put the guitar up at exactly the value I had it for. I do apologise to @MikeS
    For reacting but I felt this was exactly what was BB ring implied.Many Thanks @DB1 for helping clarify the matter
    Excellent! It's an understandable reaction, but it's an odd situation where both the appearance of impropriety and your innocence were both justified.

In the years that this place has been running, it's the first time I've seen this situation!
    <space for hire>
    Not at all, I think I caused it in the first place, so I'm sorry for that. I was clumsily trying to recommend the guitar as I obviously know it well! A few people kindly contacted me with some interesting trade ideas when I was selling it, so I hope it will go well for you, and it's a shame that you didn't gel with it, because they are truly lovely guitars.
    Call me Dave.
    It is a truly wonderful guitar @DB1 and I wish I did gel with it, I'm starting to come around to the idea of just keeping it on its stand next to my swart as that's a pretty sight to behold! Lol
    I must admit that it took me a little while to get used to the style of them,  as I sit down and play. Then I used a slightly higher footrest and it just felt right. It looks sensational though. I didn't want to put it in my ad as it sounds a bit 'gushing' but it looks absolutely fantastic in the flesh.
    Call me Dave.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    I have played this guitar extensively and it is superb. I bought the sunburst P90 model but was very close to buying this as well !

Superb in every way and these Little Sisters will shoot up in price; the most melodic guitars I’ve played. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've played it as well as mentioned above and I've commented elsewhere but I'll say it again....it's lovely!!
    What did I tell you? You will find no greater ringing endorsements than  from these fine gentlemen. :)
    Call me Dave.