SE London live music?

What's Hot
cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
Hey guys.. does anyone know of places to check out some good live music in SE London?

Only place I'm aware of is the Pizza Express in Maidstone but I assume there must be others?

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1583
    Do you mean SE England? If you're going as far out of London as Maidstone there are lots of venues
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Do you mean SE England? If you're going as far out of London as Maidstone there are lots of venues
    I mean between London Bridge - Dartford ish :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited January 2020
    Head South about 30 mins by train for The Hideaway in Streatham, which is like the Ronnie Scott's of South London but with a bit more of a leaning to soul and r n'b but there is jazz there and tribute acts of that ilk.

606 Club or Under The Bridge, both in Chelsea?

What are you after? At the moment, I can't recommend enough The Half Moon in Putney (south west) for bands and I'd try and see the excellent Stanley Dee (Steely Dan band) or Cloudbusting (Kate Bush tribute).

The Mick Jagger Centre in Dartford?
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    edited January 2020
    Punky stuff, The Birds Nest, Deptford; more folky blues rock & roll etc, Spit & Sawdust, New Kent Rd; Pelton Arms, Greenwich; Morden Arms, Greenwich; White Swan, Charlton Village. Jazz; Junction, Coldharbour Lane. 

All on Facebook. I’ll add some more if I think of any.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    edited January 2020
    Absolutely dead for live music where I am in Orpington compared to when I lived in lewisham/New Cross. Should check out Dartford, but then I'd have to be in Dartford. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • I often go (in more normal times) the the Beaverwood Club in Chislehurst (https://www.feenstra.co.uk/). Run by Pete Feenstra (who also runs a venue in Sutton) and just won Blues Broadcaster of the year. Over the summer normally lots of tribute bands but much more interesting at other times with good UK and US acts, mainly rock and blues........

I often go (in more normal times) the the Beaverwood Club in Chislehurst (https://www.feenstra.co.uk/). Run by Pete Feenstra (who also runs a venue in Sutton) and just won Blues Broadcaster of the year. Over the summer normally lots of tribute bands but much more interesting at other times with good UK and US acts, mainly rock and blues........

The one in Sutton is The Boom Boom Club and is based at Sutton United Football Ground.

Pete gets good acts in from the US as well as putting on top notch tribute bands. I even saw Bonamassa there about a year or two before he played The Royal Albert Hall (? 2007). He was excellent
  • ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 231
    edited June 2020
    Pelton Arms - Greenwich along with the others above.  This also hosts the Dennis Greaves blues jam once a month
  • BowksBowks Frets: 413
    There's Omeara in London Bridge
  • FatboylimFatboylim Frets: 14
    Kebabkid said:
    Head South about 30 mins by train for The Hideaway in Streatham, which is like the Ronnie Scott's of South London but with a bit more of a leaning to soul and r n'b but there is jazz there and tribute acts of that ilk.

606 Club or Under The Bridge, both in Chelsea?

What are you after? At the moment, I can't recommend enough The Half Moon in Putney (south west) for bands and I'd try and see the excellent Stanley Dee (Steely Dan band) or Cloudbusting (Kate Bush tribute).

The Mick Jagger Centre in Dartford?
    2nd the Hideaway, really cool venue. 
  • FatboylimFatboylim Frets: 14
    KKJale said:
    Punky stuff, The Birds Nest, Deptford; more folky blues rock & roll etc, Spit & Sawdust, New Kent Rd; Pelton Arms, Greenwich; Morden Arms, Greenwich; White Swan, Charlton Village. Jazz; Junction, Coldharbour Lane. 

All on Facebook. I’ll add some more if I think of any.
    Pelton Arms is another good one. And close to the river for an evening stroll. 
  • BebopperBebopper Frets: 129
    Fatboylim said:
    Kebabkid said:

The Hideaway's been permanently closed for the last two years. They have been promoting the occasional show (Omar, Errol Linton) at the nearby Stanley Arts.

https://www.facebook.com/Hideaway-Streatham-1410634715908125/

Hideaway's relocation update

For well over 2 years, we have been looking for a new premises in which to relocate.

The forced closure has coincided with the end of the useful life of our current building, including a roof that could be used to drain pasta. 

We feel that in the current climate, and for at least the remainder of this year it would not be viable to re-open on our existing site, and so we are committing to our relocation plan. 

We've received an incredible show of support on social media and your fond memories mean a huge amount to us, our heartfelt thanks to you all.

So, we will meet again - not sure where, not sure when… but we know it’ll be a sunny day.
    Bebopper said:
    Fatboylim said:
    Kebabkid said:

The Hideaway's been permanently closed for the last two years. They have been promoting the occasional show (Omar, Errol Linton) at the nearby Stanley Arts.

https://www.facebook.com/Hideaway-Streatham-1410634715908125/

Hideaway's relocation update

For well over 2 years, we have been looking for a new premises in which to relocate.

The forced closure has coincided with the end of the useful life of our current building, including a roof that could be used to drain pasta. 

We feel that in the current climate, and for at least the remainder of this year it would not be viable to re-open on our existing site, and so we are committing to our relocation plan. 

We've received an incredible show of support on social media and your fond memories mean a huge amount to us, our heartfelt thanks to you all.

So, we will meet again - not sure where, not sure when… but we know it’ll be a sunny day.
    Thanks and I only found this out myself