SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS:- Fender '65 Princeton Reverb Reissue SOLD

What's Hot
menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
edited January 2021 in Amps £

Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue for sale.

Good condition, recent upgrade / service from Gartone.

The amp is a little different from stock and quite a bit cleaner and louder.  Both transformers have been upgraded, the OT is a Allen Amps TO20, wound by Heyboer USA.  Stock OT will be included, if you want the softer, fartier bass of the original, it's an easy swap.

Power Transformer is now a Hammond 291 AEX.  The amp went to Gartone due to a fault and it turned out to be the Power transformer, so this was swapped for a better hammond unit.  

While the amp was being fixed, it had new F&T power supply caps and better bypass caps installed.  New Rectifier and power tubes installed, amp was re biased and set for 240v.  I paid extra for these mods as they were all said to be improvements for both tonality and longevity.  There was damage to a track in the PCB, but this has been bypassed by a HT fuse which should be there for protection anyway.

The speaker is an Eminence Ragin Cajun.

Footswitch is included but one of the footswitches switches needs replacing.  There's no cover with the amp.

https://i.imgur.com/MQX5vvm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7fpqCut.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/J9DPit6.jpg

£600

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Reduced £650.   

• Bump.  Comes with a Recent £300 bill from Gartone for repair / service / upgrade.

It’s now a blackface clean machine!
    Quality caps, new valves, quality iron.

Has put on a bit of weight though, but who hasn’t after Christmas :)

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

Final forum bump at £600.  

Final final bump
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 396
    This amp is a belter and a bargain.
    RickLucas said:
    Nice one Rick! You’re not the guy that gave it a test run are you?  Martin said it went to a pub for some burn in after the work was complete and I see you are in that neck of the woods.

• Has put on a bit of weight though, but who hasn’t after Christmas :)

So what does it weigh now?

Has put on a bit of weight though, but who hasn’t after Christmas :)

So what does it weigh now?
    17.25KG

Stock was 15.4KG.

RickLucas said:
    Nice one Rick! You’re not the guy that gave it a test run are you?  Martin said it went to a pub for some burn in after the work was complete and I see you are in that neck of the woods.

Yes, I often help out. He tweaks, I play, he tweaks again, I play again. The hours just fly by!
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    Presumably these changes from stock, including the speaker on top of those transformers, mean the amp sounds/feels substantially different to a stock 65 PRRI ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

Marshall said:
    Presumably these changes from stock, including the speaker on top of those transformers, mean the amp sounds/feels substantially different to a stock 65 PRRI ?
    Yes twice as loud, cleaner, no mush.  You could get it back close to stock by swapping the included stock output transformer in and the (not included) stock speaker back in.  Obviously there's not much you can do about the caps having been upgraded.

menamestom said:i
    Marshall said:
    Yes twice as loud, cleaner, no mush.  You could get it back close to stock by swapping the included stock output transformer in and the (not included) stock speaker back in.  Obviously there's not much you can do about the caps having been upgraded.

When I tested it I was sitting in with a band. I wondered whether a 10" speaker in a small cabinet would be able to keep up. It was excellent. Sweet tone and no loss of definition when wound up. That was with an SG and the volume on 6 or so. Lovely.
    RickLucas said:
    menamestom said:i
    Marshall said:

When I tested it I was sitting in with a band. I wondered whether a 10" speaker in a small cabinet would be able to keep up. It was excellent. Sweet tone and no loss of definition when wound up. That was with an SG and the volume on 6 or so. Lovely.
    Thanks.  Gigged it today and it sounded great.  Think I’ll keep it for now!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Back on sale.  Need to pay for an extension!  
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    Looks like a great buy for someone, I'm mighty tempted. Would you be able to run 6L6s in that amp? 
    Rich210 said:
    Looks like a great buy for someone, I'm mighty tempted. Would you be able to run 6L6s in that amp? 
    No I don’t think so, 6V6 only without a circuit change.
    I'll have it Tom please.
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    Looks like you've found a winner ! GLWTS
  • I've just seen this - if Rick doesn't want it, please let me know.

'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'