Honest Ads...

What's Hot

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

28reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14404
    One can argue with the incorrect use of the apostrophe. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Almost makes me want to buy it to reward his honesty - if it wasn't so shit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Surely we all need a yellow pedal on our boards?
  • Sassafras said:
    Almost makes me want to buy it to reward his honesty - if it wasn't so shit.
    It kind of made me want to buy it just to see how bad it sounds!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14166
    edited February 2020 tFB Trader
    Funnily enough I've done such a quote before in the shop, maybe some while ago - In a tongue in cheek way  - What was then frustrating is how many then want a chat about it as to why it is 'crap' or indeed disagree with you
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72211
    The remarkable thing is that it *isn't* shit - they're actually pretty good. That is, if you want almost laugh-out-loud accurate Clapton recorded sounds and aren't fussed about versatility or whether it's adaptable to how you play.

The Brian May and Hendrix ones are great too. The only surprise really is that the Clapton one isn't in the same format with the expression pedal. I can't remember if they did any other ones...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• rossirossi Frets: 1703
    I have often sold stuff on ebay with a  warts an all description .it works ,Instead of puffing up a pile of junk just tell its junk and people flock to you .
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    ICBM said:
    The remarkable thing is that it *isn't* shit - they're actually pretty good. That is, if you want almost laugh-out-loud accurate Clapton recorded sounds and aren't fussed about versatility or whether it's adaptable to how you play.

The Brian May and Hendrix ones are great too. The only surprise really is that the Clapton one isn't in the same format with the expression pedal. I can't remember if they did any other ones...
    IIRC the Dan Donegan “The Weapon” was the first of these . 
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    My son-in -law has a Scott Ian of Anthrax signature pedal. He likes it  :o
  • ICBM said:

I've had the May and Hendrix ones of these and they are brilliant, I'd always heard the same of the Clapton one but as I really hate his music and sounds I've never bothered with it.

Would have the Hendrix one again certainly but they now cost a lot more than I bought and sold mine for
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14404
    edited February 2020
    ICBM said:
    Some customers asked for and received digitally modelled renditions of those musicians whose music they seek to replicate.

In similar vein, the Catalinbread Royal Albert Hall (RAH) pedal really only delivers if you play a Les Paul with the dynamic stylings of James Patrick Page. 

Anyone striving for originality is probably best advised to look elsewhere.

EDIT: If I were forced to choose an artist signature pedal, it would probably be the Pigtronix Bernie Worrell envelope phaser.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.