SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Michael Stipe required by tribute band (SORTED) - Keyboard player too - Liverpool/Wirral based.

glt56glt56 Frets: 209
edited February 2020 in Personnel
Any budding Michael Stipe sound (& look?) alike singers out there for a new REM tribute project based in the North West region?   We're looking for a good keyboard player too! We have pro experience and gear and are currently gigging as MGB. You can check out some of our REM songs here... amongst others!
http://glt568.wix.com/mgb-website
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi there - apologies in advance for hijacking your post , but i was curious whether you are using a drum machine or mp3 drums in MGB band ? If so , how do you find it ? Thanks in advance !
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    We used to buy midi drum tracks which I'd put through some drum software (like EZ Drummer). They sounded good, but are really restricting when playing live, so we decided to get a real drummer and life is so much better now.  A friend of ours plays keyboards for us when we really want to push the boat out!  We also bought quite a few songs from www.karaoke-version.co.uk and you can mix out the instrument and vocal tracks you don't require (that was everything but drums for us), and download the track as an mp3.  The disadvantage is you can't manipulate the track like you can with a midi file.  Hope this helps! 
    edited February 2020
    Come on guys... 
    edited February 2020
    Sorted for a singer, but see below...
    edited February 2020
    Yes, I do know this might be the wrong forum for this but hey, you never know...