DAWBench

Anyone know of a hardware review site that uses DAWBench as part of its benchmarking suite?

I can only find the occasional piece with DAWBench results, would be good to find something like Tomshardware or Anandtech but that included DAWBench as well as the other usual benchmarks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    I think the point of DAWBench is to keep the computer and hardware constant so that the audio interface drivers become the test variable. I guess there's nothing to stop it working the other way around but I've not seen it done much.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Stuckfast said:
    I think the point of DAWBench is to keep the computer and hardware constant so that the audio interface drivers become the test variable. I guess there's nothing to stop it working the other way around but I've not seen it done much.
    Nah it's just a benchmark that uses a daw and plugins as the test material instead of a game, compression or video encoding etc.

Scan Pro Audio have a few CPU comparisons using it but if there was a proper hardware site that used it there would hopefully be even more models compared.