Postponed: Western Jam 2020 - Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    Ref drummer- @octatonic has said he’d drum if he’s available and he is a great drummer, so would need to check if he’s in, and if he wants a contribution towards his costs. 

Last time I covered about 4 songs on drums so the hired drummer could have a break, and that worked out OK. So if a drummer is needed £100 should cover the one that’s needed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    edited March 2020
    I will make sure I am about- happy to drum and provide a kit (and don't want to use a kit provided by a rehearsal room).

Don't want any costs covered (and I'll pay like everyone else).
    It is all fine, but if anyone plays my drums please don't break my cymbals.
    Send me a set list and I will make sure I am prepared.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @octatonic - that is great news!
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    @octatonic ; - and indeed everyone - do we need another drummer for the day to give you a rest?  if so I'll ask my old drummer who is pretty good :)  and desperately in need of a play

nickp said:
    @octatonic ; - and indeed everyone - do we need another drummer for the day to give you a rest?  if so I'll ask my old drummer who is pretty good :)  and desperately in need of a play

I can drum all day but happy to share if need be.
    It would be useful to have a second drummer as we will have practice and jamming going on in the second room.
    Thanks & kudos to @roberty and @Legionreturns for kindly agreeing to take on house band equipment & recording duties respectively 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Brocco said:
    It would be useful to have a second drummer as we will have practice and jamming going on in the second room.
    I have rudimentary drum skills, played drums in a band for quite a few years, this is going back though
    so far funds from me, @clarkefan , @roberty, @mrkb ; and @stratman3142 ;

so halfway towards paying for the studio.

I'll check the date with my drummer and see if he's happy to play (I doubt he'll want paying with luck) to take some pressure off @octatonic ; and/or play in the rehearsal room also.  Anyway he needs to get out more.  Then we can firm up with him later
    @nickos236 provided some great vox last year so hope he can make this years event?
    nickp said:

I'll check the date with my drummer and see if he's happy to play (I doubt he'll want paying with luck) to take some pressure off @octatonic ; and/or play in the rehearsal room also.  Anyway he needs to get out more.  Then we can firm up with him later
    There is no need for my sake, I’d rather play longer and have more funds go into forum coffers, but I dont mind either way.
    octatonic said:
    nickp said:

There is no need for my sake, I’d rather play longer and have more funds go into forum coffers, but I dont mind either way.
    okey dokey :)  
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Money sent, thanks for organising. Happy to provide my AX8 + extra monitor & a couple of superstrat style guitars for use on the day  =)
    @Brocco ; - did you want me to start the song list discussion?  Do we need a seperate thread or this one for now?  I could do with some guidance as there was talk about a google doc??

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    nickp said:
    @Brocco ; - did you want me to start the song list discussion?  Do we need a seperate thread or this one for now?  I could do with some guidance as there was talk about a google doc??

A google spreadsheet worked last time ..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Hi folks - drummer (chris) rang - he's happy to drum (for free) from about 11 till about 2 on the day.  He's a good drummer so tht's good and we can use him for the rehersal room or a go in the main room - whatever.  He likes playing live so the networking won't hurt him either :).  So he's pencilled in the date and I can confirm later.  he has his own kit.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @nickp - suggest we hold off on fully activating the setlist discussion until we have confirmed payments from 10 of us - hopefully we will achieve that today/tomorrow 

If you are happy to run the discussion, experience from last time suggests that we can best use a spreadsheet hosted on google drive for people to self-nominate which band roles they would like to take once the tracklist has broadly taken shape, as whilst efficient, not everyone checked/made entries in the spreadsheet last time, which had the effect of subduing the conversation in the discussion thread (as those who did make direct entries in the spreadsheet rightly assumed that everyone was checking it, so did not always communicate/confirm the entries they had made in the discussion).

It probably would be best to start a new thread for the setlist and cover everything else in this discussion so we don't get too fragmented. 
    Brocco said:
    @nickp - suggest we hold off on fully activating the setlist discussion until we have confirmed payments from 10 of us - hopefully we will achieve that today/tomorrow 

If you are happy to run the discussion, experience from last time suggests that we can best use a spreadsheet hosted on google drive for people to self-nominate which band roles they would like to take once the tracklist has broadly taken shape, as whilst efficient, not everyone checked/made entries in the spreadsheet last time, which had the effect of subduing the conversation in the discussion thread (as those who did make direct entries in the spreadsheet rightly assumed that everyone was checking it, so did not always communicate/confirm the entries they had made in the discussion).

It probably would be best to start a new thread for the setlist and cover everything else in this discussion so we don't get too fragmented. 

OK boss 

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    I will make payment tonight for me, Bernie and Nick 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Paid.

Not sure what I want to play this time. Something heavy. How heavy can we go?

This discussion has been closed.