SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Marshall Code 50

What's Hot
JoolsJools Frets: 22
edited March 2020 in Amps £
Need to save up for loo rolls and baby wipes, so am liquidating assets.

For your ear pleasures is my Marshall Code 50, includes the official Marshall Code dust cover and four-way footswitch, free extra bonus of an amp stand and dolly.

On the stand and off the ground makes a massive difference to the sound. Being on the dolly is just easy for moving about to aim directly at your face. It's a third party stand (stagg I think) stand but very robust and along with the dolly seems made to measure for the code 50. I velcro'd it down to avoid it slipping, makes for a handy store for the fs etc. All this is optional and you don't have to buy the stand and dolly, it's being thrown in as it's sole purpose is for the code.

It's like new, no dings, been in the studio (who am I kidding, spare room) since new, I still have the box.

I took the back off once to see what it would take to change the speaker, was told this can make it a much sweeter sound, couldn't decide on the speaker to use so have left it as is.

Happy to supply detailed images if anyone needs or if you want to hear it, you will be asked to use a 10m lead for social distance requirements. The amp has been tested, I haven't!

Looking for around £125. Can be collected from Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire area, willing to do a shortish drive to meet half way. Postage would depend on what gets sent. The stand and dolly would affect costs and probably best sent separately. But prefer collection to ensure you are happy first.

You scrolled this far...

Cheers
Jools
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    Jools said:

You scrolled this far...
    ... and didn’t find a price
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JoolsJools Frets: 22
    Sorry Roland, thanks for scrolling though.
    Looking for somewhere around £125, updated the listing.

Cheers
    Jools
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    You didnt specify delivered, collected from... and where... etc?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Happy to discuss specifics of any costs of delivery or arranging collection, if you are interested?
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1172
    Jools said:
    Happy to discuss specifics of any costs of delivery or arranging collection, if you are interested?
    Unhelpful.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    Come on guys , times like these let’s give the guy a break. Great amp at a good price , we can ask about specifics around delivery , location etc in a friendlier manner surely ?
    Ok so have updated with details on collection and delivery. This is my first classified listing here, so I followed what I saw.

I see dozens of FS post on here with less information than I gave, none get this kind of response. So it appears my listing deserves special attention.

However it would be more understandable if these questions came from someone actually interested in the amp.

Cheers
    Jools
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Come on guys , times like these let’s give the guy a break. Great amp at a good price , we can ask about specifics around delivery , location etc in a friendlier manner surely ?
    Thanks, your comment was helpful.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    Right to clarify here, because apologies to @Jools but literally was a query about delivery/location etc. because the ad did peak my interest a little bit  - £125 is a good price for one of these.

Only reason it was a quick one-liner was because I was ordering dinner!

Was in no way a criticism of another poster or his listing.  Please don't jump on him.

Have a free bump - and if anyone is looking for a decent beginner amp that will do everything up to a small jam, message @Jools

Apologies again, we are all under a lot of stress and worry at the minute, but we are all friends and fellow musicians here :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks @darthed1981 both yours and @Roland 's posts were completely valid and I should have put the full info in, likewise my answer to your comment on the location was done after a long evening trying get the kids to sleep and have dinner, I was just switching my computer off so made a quick response to you, I did plan to add proper details to the listing but felt it could wait until the morning. But when I got back to it, I felt like I'd kicked a kitten!

Maybe I have a different perception but if I am looking for a tin of paint, I don't want to go further than my nearest DIY store, but when it comes to guitars/amps, I have driven 100's of miles and had them shipped from the states. Collection/delivery is less of an issue than finding the right one.

But hey I should have put the full details in, thanks for following up. It is a great starter amp for an all-in-one, a better speaker and it's a great amp, I bought it for the same reason. I would prefer it went to someone looking for a starter amp, someone that really wants it, as such willing to stretch on price and collection point to help.

Cheers
    Jools
    Bump