SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Virtual Collaboration!!!

JonPJonP Frets: 48
Hi All,

Current situation regarding Covid 19 and "social distancing" is clearly serious and necessary. My admiration and support for all those in vital jobs to keep going is without reservation. Hopefully individuals can follow the guidelines and we can limit the time for which this is necessary.

Many of us find ourselves without musical collaboration and unable to meet with band members or friends to share playing and singing together. I am one of these! 

I was thinking that there might be other musicians out there desperate to keep going, playing with others in some way? One suggestion I have is to share files and add to each other's work. For example, I have some songs recorded in Cubase Elements (10.5) which could benefit from having a bass guitar or even keyboard added. In return I can offer guitar parts or even a bit of banjo to other recordings.

I only have Cubase but others might be able to suggest alternative ways to collaborate online?

I am not a professional - only for fun - so I cannot promise pristine recordings but it could be a bit of fun and fill some time over the coming weeks. I play folky/bluesy/acoustic/electric stuff with Acoustic 6, Acoustic 12, National Resonator, Banjo as well as electric Guitar. 

Not sure if anyone is interested but open to all ideas as to find some way to play music with others for the foreseeable future.

Keep well

Best wishes

Jon

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2193
    I'm up for supporting this but concerned that I might not be able to commit too much time. That's because I'm now spending more time doing things with my wife (gardening etc) to keep our mind off things. So it's a tentative yes from me, but I'm not sure how much I can commit.

There are the various fretboard challenges if you want to participate in those.

It's not a competition.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    Yeah...these things get initial interest then sadly seem to fade away...fire up some tracks if you want lest see...problem is most of us want to play guitar !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26909
    I’d potentially be up for playing drums on things, though I will have to work out how best to get noise out of my e-kit and into a laptop.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    Yes count me in I can do bass synth or guitar plus drums (programmed) 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    Ooh as long as it's not blues or country! 
  • Ooh as long as it's not blues or country! 
    I'll wait for the country session! Yeehaa.
  • I can add some keys.

I use studio one, but if you send a wav file, it can be put in any daw.  Record a track side by side, then export just that track back to you.  You can import it into Cubase and mix it to your taste.