SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster in Daphne Blue - Birds-eye Neck

What's Hot
MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
edited March 2020 in Guitars £

2008 Fender Custom Shop Custom Classic Stratocaster V Neck in Daphne Blue.

An all original, Custom Shop Strat, with the most beautiful flamed, birds-eye Maple Neck, for an absolute bargain price. The nicest condition you could wish to find a 2008 CS Strat, with just a little wear on the cowboy frets, and a tiny ding on the lower corner of the headstock. Doesn’t come with any case candy, but does come with a confirmation letter from Fender, confirming the serial number, description, and month and date of build. So easy enough to get a new C.O.A if that’s what you want to do. It’s a lovely guitar, plays effortlessly, but I have my eyes on something with a Rosewood board that I really ‘need’

Model Name: Custom Classic Stratocaster® “V” Neck
Model Number: 015-6200-(Color#) and 015-6202-(Color#)
Series: Custom Classic Series
Body: Select Alder on: (804) Daphne Blue, (Urethane)
Neck: Lightly Figured Maple, Soft “V” Shape, (Polished Satin Urethane Finish)
Fingerboard: Highly flamed, Birds-eye Maple, 9.5” Radius (241mm)
No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Width @ Nut: 1.6875” (43 mm)
Hardware: Chrome
Machine Heads: Fender®/Schaller® Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
Bridge: New Deluxe 2-Point Synchronised Tremolo with Polished Solid Stainless Steel Saddles and Block
Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
Pickups: 2 Modern Classic Single-Coil Pickups (Neck, Middle),
1 Hot Classic Single-Coil Pickup (Bridge), with Custom Steel Inductance Plate.
All have modern magnet stagger.
Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
Position 3. Middle Pickup
Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
Position 5. Neck Pickup
Controls: Master Volume,
Tone 1. (Neck Pickup),
Tone 2. No-Load Tone Control (Middle and Bridge Pickups)
Accessories: Deluxe Black Hardshell Case (Black Interior)

Absolute bargain price, of only £1395

Now SOLD. Thanks to the buyer, and of course the forum.

1reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited March 2020
    Just had a message from someone asking if there was something structurally wrong with it, or a hidden flaw that I've not mentioned, due to me selling it so quickly/cheaply. In case anyone else is wondering the same thing, and to save anyone else sending me a PM questioning my integrity , the answer is absolutely not. It's a fantastic guitar, plays really nice, but I buy a lot of guitars, as anyone on the forum who knows me will testify. Some stay, some get flipped, sometimes for no logical reason other than last in, first out. I really have an issue with GAS  :3

Anyway, something with a straight grain dark Rosewood board has come up that has me all twitchy.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8774
    FWIW this was my guitar until I sold it to Mike - I had it for about 5 years, passed my Grade 6 and Grade 7 exams on it, and loved loved loved it.  Then got into Les Pauls and bad GAS, neglected it and moved it on because my wanderin' faithless heart had settled on something else (semi hollow Strat, if you please).

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it: on the contrary, it's an absolute bargain, which would be a few 100 £ more if it had the certificate.  

Feel free to PM me if you want any more provenance.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely guitar for a great price glwts 
  • Fuck a duck! That's a crazy price for a great looking Strat!!  :o

If this is still here by this this time tomorrow I'll eat my hat! 
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Wow! That neck is amazing. Looks like crushed velvet. Someone gonna be very pleased with this.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4080
    That maple is beautiful 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11801
    Jesus, if only this was listed like a week ago!
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3964
    Jesus, if only this was listed like a week ago!
    Do you speak of the Before Times?
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 334
    Fuck a duck! That's a crazy price for a great looking Strat!!  :o

How was the hat? 

I must say mine was a bit tough.

Superb guitar for an amazing price! GLWTS
  • HoraceB said:
    Fuck a duck! That's a crazy price for a great looking Strat!!  :o

How was the hat? 

I must say mine was a bit tough.

Superb guitar for an amazing price! GLWTS
    Surprisingly not bad - good to know I have a new option for food to keep me alive when I run out supplies in isolation!

Seriously though, still a crazy price and amazing that nobody has snapped his hand off yet! 
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 610
    A strat beautiful...I actually have exactly the same guitar but in bing cherry and as much as I love the transparent finish this daphne blue version is even making me lust for it...
  • pickergpickerg Frets: 30
    Lovely looking Strat, do you know if this is nitro? Looking at specs some seem to be listed as and some don’t... and Fender have took down their forums!
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4978
    pickerg said:
    Lovely looking Strat, do you know if this is nitro? Looking at specs some seem to be listed as and some don’t... and Fender have took down their forums!
    The smell may tell...  ;)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • pruddprudd Frets: 653
    pickerg said:
    I read somewhere that they were originaly Nitro but may have changed mid way through their production run, but dont quote me on that :)

beautiful guitar GLWTS
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8774
    prudd said:
    pickerg said:
    I read somewhere that they were originaly Nitro but may have changed mid way through their production run, but dont quote me on that :)

beautiful guitar GLWTS
    It's poly.  I copied and pasted the specs I got from Fender Customer Relations when I bought it here.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited March 2020
    Moving forward, from now on, this guitar is £1395 to all normal stand up forum members, and £1995 to all low post count rude dealers. Hopefully that’ll stop them contacting me in the first place. 

Ps no issue with selling to a dealer, just not any more rude low post count ones. I’ve had my fill

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3129
    MikeS said:
    Moving forward, from now on, this guitar is £1395 to all normal stand up forum members, and £1995 to all low post count rude dealers. Hopefully that’ll stop them contacting me in the first place. 

Ps no issue with selling to a dealer, just not any more rude low post count ones. I’ve had my fill

Report them mate, that lowball crap isn’t part of the community any of us want here. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom