SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Port City Pearl 100 watt head

ReflexReflex Frets: 60
edited June 2020 in Amps £
SOLD SOLD

I’m doubling up on smooth, crystal clear, hand wired/point to point (blackface?) fender cleans and I’m keen to bring in a tweed tone to my line up.

So, selling/trading: 

1) Port City Pearl Head - 100 watt, immaculate with cover - approx £950
2) DrZ 2x10, 140 watt 8 ohm cab with Rocksolid cover, approx £250

Would ideally like to trade the Port City for a Z-28 or Therapy.  But happy to consider anything tweed (Rift, Swart, Lazy J, Gartone, Louis Electric, Victoria etc) combo or head.  Finally, happy to trade the DrZ 2x10, maybe for a Port City cab.

I’m guessing if you’ve been bothered to read all of that you may have something to trade or would like to buy, so drop me a line  How we exchange in current conditions is a whole other matter...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    what speakers are in the Dr Z 2x10 that can handle 150w in a 2 10'' speakers ? is the cab open/closed back or the panelled version ?
  • ReflexReflex Frets: 60
    edited April 2020
    Hiya, there are 2 x 70 watt DrZ special design speaker (Emi’s I believe), so apologies - 140 watts (amended main title).  It’s the panelled version

Sort of looking for trades though, otherwise I’ve got nothing to play my head through  
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590

How about posting pictures and a detailed description of what you’re selling. Eg. How long you’ve had it. Where you bought it. How you’ve used it. What condition it’s in. Why you’re selling it?

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    The Dr z 2x10 cabs are awesome. 
    edited April 2020
    I’m new to the site, so struggling with pics but will work on it.  Fair point on further detail.

Both were bought secondhand online and I’ve had them around 10 months.  I don’t keep the covers on either so they’re a bit dusty but tolex, grill cloths, outside etc is perfect.  

The Port City has the most beautiful crystal clear sound, the highs are just so musical but it retains a punchiness and overall tonal balance.  I think it’s the mki.  It has bass, middle, treble, volume pots and a bright switch.  Low/high input.  The volume has the most wonderful gradual increase from 1 to 10, as opposed to some amps I’ve had which are full stretch at 3-4.  Standby and power switches on the back, as well as impedance selector 4/8/16, two speaker outs and a send/return.  100 watt, 4 x 6L6 power valves.

The DrZ cab is black, black/cream grill cloth, 3 panelled back, 2x10 special edition DrZ 70 watt 16 ohm speakers

Really only looking to trade the cab if the head doesn't sell or trade.

Reason for moving on...  my Carr Mini Mercury covers very similar sweet clean sounds, therefore chasing the tweed sound

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/azjfy12wgx1jc5y/AACtVVk0a-EzYYhEEvvW__9wa?dl=0
    edited April 2020
    Having problems with posting pics, please
    PM me for a link 
    Bump
    edited April 2020