Online drum lessons

Greetings folks,
Since my wife received a drumkit and lesson vouchers at Chrimbo, she just got around to organising her first lesson when the restrictions hit.
So, I wonder if anyone could recommend some online drum lessons for an absolute beginner? YouTube is fine, but not being a drummer myself, it's hard to know which to spend time with.
Any help much appreciated,

Adam
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Drumstheword has some good videos taking you through loads of songs, some free on YouTube and Facebook. Not sure if he covers absolute beginners though.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534
    Cheers - I'll check those out.

Anyone for anymore?

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I started with one of the Drumeo courses. Really well delivered and progressed naturally for me anyway.

Some courses are very expensive, but occasionally they have deals on for older courses. 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
    edited March 2020
    I like Stephen Taylor's videos. I had real-life lessons when first started, so I didn't start with his absolutely basic stuff, but he communicates and presents well.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TimmyTimmy Frets: 23
    Hey Adam,

I am a Drummer based in London and I teach drumkit in schools. As of this week I have started teaching drums online over zoom. I would happily give your wife a free trial lesson to get her started.  Pm me if you would like some more details.

Rob

• deloreandelorean Frets: 224
    Check out www.daves-drums.co.uk - hes a ridiculously good drummer and teacher, and has just started offering online lessons
  • aspnetaspnet Frets: 46
    I like Stephen Taylor's videos. I had real-life lessons when first started, so I didn't start with his absolutely basic stuff, but he communicates and presents well.

+1 for Stephen Taylor. Lots of material on Youtube to check out and thought he comes across very clearly for a beginner.