MOOER Ge Lab - FREE iOS Modelling app

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    I’m getting good results via iPad Air but unusable in older & newer iPhone through iRig 1. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1462
    edited April 2020
    scarry67 said:
    I’m getting good results via iPad Air but unusable in older & newer iPhone through iRig 1. 
    Thanks for that. My iPad is a few years old so probably not worth the bother for me at the moment. I will wait for a report on the GE200 from @monquixote and maybe get one of those for headphone practice. Most of the reviews seem to focus on the ‘metal’ tones that in my experience don’t seem to difficult to get right, it’s the cleaner and break up tones that seem to sound digital to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    I have a spare iRig 1 knocking about. 
    I think I used it once about eight years ago...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    photek said:
    scarry67 said:
    Thanks for that. My iPad is a few years old so probably not worth the bother for me at the moment. I will wait for a report on the GE200 from @monquixote and maybe get one of those for headphone practice. Most of the reviews seem to focus on the ‘metal’ tones that in my experience don’t seem to difficult to get right, it’s the cleaner and break up tones that seem to sound digital to me.

I just can't be arsed with computers for playing guitar unless I'm recording a demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSA9BSXaWng

This video is a bit ropey, but towards the end he profiles a plexi and then compares the profile with the existing GE200 modelling. 

To my ears it sounds better than the existing tech although it can't separate the amp from the cab like a Kemper.
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 681
    edited April 2020
    photek said:
    scarry67 said:
    Wis'd. Why is it that everyone reviewing these things has pointy guitars in drop tunings or super high gain tendencies?

Maybe that's a question that sort of answers itself...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    photek said:
    scarry67 said:
    Wis'd. Why is it that everyone reviewing these things has pointy guitars in drop tunings?

Maybe that's a question that sort of answers itself...

Manning the stands at the guitar show has shown me that guitar players are basically a bimodal population split between Clapton loving grey ponytails and teenage shredders. 

Thus the magazines that still exist trends to the former while YouTube trends to the latter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Grr stupid mooer studio won't let me sign up.

If anyone has any .amp files they could share with me it would be much appreciated.