Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Morning, afternoon, evening... Whatever time of day it is. I've lost all track of time since this lockdown started
    Self proclaimed Luthier and guitar building addict, professional man-cave dweller Website . Facebook . Instagram . YouTube
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Third times a charm...

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My business name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Buxton, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Successful luthier and have some of my instruments seeing the world

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Marshall JMD:1 50w head

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? I believe in a thing called love - The Darkness

Self proclaimed Luthier and guitar building addict, professional man-cave dweller Website . Facebook . Instagram . YouTube
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1:  Where did your* username come from? My wife - games on public transport....

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? UK - London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play in a group with a similar mindset or musical interest.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My Telecaster

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?....  Mr. & Mrs. Mouse :Jim Campilongo

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    Its derived from my company name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?
    In the southern area of Hamburg/Germany

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
    Play Telecaster, Stratocaster, Les Pauls & Bass. And I build pedals

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
    My 1981 Charvel Strat

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?
    YES, Fragile...
    --
    Nordlander
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Evening all

Q1:  Where did you username come from? CosmicBlue was a Saab car colour - I do own a lot of blue things

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Warwick. UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Learn how to play a guitar - started 3 days ago...

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? PRS Silver Sky...in Dodgem Blue

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Sweet Home Alabama 

• Well hello there!  B)

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Made it up years ago in a computergame

Copenhagen, Denmark

I make musik. Play in a band. Always trying to create the best possible music

Maybe my summer-residence-Telecaster which continues to amaze me everytime

Opeth - Ghost Reveries maybe - or Jimi Hendrix Drifting
  • jupiter126jupiter126 Frets: 1
    Hello everyone!

Q1:  Where did you username come from? 
    nickname already taken... so, very creatively, I added some numbers!

Europe, mostly Luxembourg, Belgium and Spain, but traveling quite a bit

Enjoy it, have fun and share it!

Myself, cause no matter the gear, I can't get my tone without myself!

It varies over time \o/ ... last few months it's been... "Pantera: cowboys from hell"

• DaigaijinDaigaijin Frets: 61
    Hi, I'm mark. Born in Tanzania and travelled lots as a kid, engineering brat. Grew up in Hong Kong, moved to UK early 80s. Decided to be a rock star, figured it wasn't going to happen and have been playing for fun ever since. Moved to Kent a few years ago and am working on 'finishing' my amp and guitar collection and record the album I never did as a kid.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? A very loose and no doubt grammatically and culturally irresponsible translation of Big Foreigner into Japanese
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Garden of England
    Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Was, to be a rock star. Now to get much better at playing and get organised and record some stuff
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Can’t choose, MESA Roadking stereo rig and my J Custom
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? That’s easy, borrowed a Walkman back in the day and it had ACDC Back in Black on one side and Van Halen, Van Halen on the other, Eruption quite literally changed the course of my life

• kentuckyklirakentuckyklira Frets: 949
    TTony said:

[edit]
    ChristophEar has created a Spotify playlist of all the #1 tracks
    Everyone's #1 tracks.

And I just "stickied" this for as long as we've got lots of new rejoiners arriving!

The only guitar I have that was made in the year I was born is by a German company called Klira and the model was called Kentucky.

I´m German in Germany.

I play in various amateur bands.

Difficult as it varies but I´d say my Vigier Excalibur.

Hot For Teacher by Van Halen
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
  • smfacersmfacer Frets: 32

It's my initials and surname

Preston Lancashire

To play live till I literally drop!

My R7 Les paul

Mr Blue Sky - ELO
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @kentuckyklira Servus aus Minga! \m/
  • MildAshersMildAshers Frets: 7
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? Something I came up with signing up for a forum 16 years ago, looked around for inspiration in the room I was in and saw the wors Mild.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Norwich, Norfolk

Get to a point where I can feel comfortable jamming aimlessly to backing tracks and understand the guitar. 

So hard to choose. Probably my Gibson Les Paul 2018

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Jesus of Suburbia
  • Timeline88Timeline88 Frets: 78

Hi everyone,

Q1:  My username is what predictive text corrects my surname to years ago and I was born in 88, no surprises there. 

Q2:  I'm in Gateshead, just south of the Tyne for those of you who don't know the North East so well. 

Q3:  My musical ambition is to understand the music I'm really enjoying listening to and to incorporate some of that into my own playing. 

Q4:  My best bit of gear is a silverface Princeton Reverb which I settled on after years of trying to find the right amp. 

Q5:  Although the Rolling Stones aren't my favourite band, my mind always go to 'Gimme Shelther' when I'm asked what my favourite track is.

• jcgairesjcgaires Frets: 1
    Hey everyone! Newbie here! 

Q1:  My username is just the initials for my name. You can call me Jo :)

Q2:  I'm actually from Portugal.  I'm a massive guitar geek and kept bumping into threads here so i decided to join and start proactively talking and not just spying. I don't have that many people in my life that i can talk about this stuff so im excited to be here :D 

Q3:  My goal will always be to make a a living out of music 

Q4:  Probably my new Martin OM28v

Q5:  Cliché but probably Gravity by John Mayer

• kentuckyklirakentuckyklira Frets: 949
    DLM said:
    @kentuckyklira Servus aus Minga! \m/
    Grüße aus Kölle!
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It's my name! and the 306 part comes from a brand of car I am particularly fond of!

Gloucestershire!

I'd love to be able to play with people, like a band, but one for terrible players that no one has to listen to!

I have very little! But my wife bought me a sixpence for christmas last year (a la Brian May) does that count?

Queen - Killer Queen!

• Q1:  From a t-shirt I found online.  =)

Q2:  Turkey

Q3:  Being able to play and create music like my guitar heroes.

Q4:  My Jackson Dinky

Q5:  Altitudes by Jason Becker

• Pete.RPete.R Frets: 349
    edited May 2020

It is my real name, you can find me under 'paruwi' at some other forums

Germany

Guitar

My FGN Virtuoso

Gary Moore >Still got the Blues

• PukeRyWalkerPukeRyWalker Frets: 1
    edited May 2020

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - Star Wars, my name, the love of the great outdoors and thinking I'm funny/being an idiot

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - South Yorkshire, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - Keep playing and keep being excited by it!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - 1977 Marshall JMP 2203 100 watt Master Volume

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - White Tar by The Bronx

This is the second time I've had to register on here as my original login does not seem to want to work! So I thought I'd start fresh!

• UncleBiffUncleBiff Frets: 52

Q1:  Where did your username come from? 

- My Nephews called me 'UncleBiff' with reference to Biff from Back to the future, as I'm much larger than everyone else in my family, and its spread like wildfire!

- Saltford, in between Bristol and Bath.

- To enjoy guitars and music again. 

- NSG2 Nylon.

- Hotel California.

I'm more of a returning member, 'blast from the past' than a new member, as I am Nathan Sheppard, formerly of Nathan Sheppard Guitars. There's been a lot said over the years, some of it true, most of it incorrect and ill informed, but ultimately, I am a guitar fan and miss being part of a community of like-minded guitar geeks, which is why I’m testing the water here. Thank you to all the people who still own and play NSG’s, it means a lot to know that people still enjoying them. 

I now have 4 kids (2 girls and 2 boys) and run a construction company. I quit everything guitars and music; making guitars, playing guitars, reading about guitars, singing (I used to be a gigging musician that gigged 4 nights a week), going to gigs, everything! My wife says I lost my ‘Mojo’ when I packed it all in and my kids (2,4,10,12) don’t even know that I used to do any of this stuff, which is a bit sad. Hopefully I can change that moving forward.  

I started getting really into country music and started going to some gigs again last year. Then  I turned 40 at the end of the year and with a bit of reflection my New Year’s resolution was to start playing again and I ended up forming a ‘Dad Band’ with a few Dad mates, that I’ve met through my daughter’s friends, and its lit a fire again. Now I’m singing and playing as often as I can and thinking/dreaming about guitars 24/7, including giving the kids lessons!

When I started Nathan Sheppard Guitar’s I was only 21 and the most dedicated, ambitious, passionate and driven person I have ever met. I truly loved making guitars and to this day think that’s what I was meant to do. Unfortunately, it’s not just about great wood and great guitars, the money side of a guitar business was/is impossible. The bank gave out loans to get going with no business plan or help, bad decisions were made, good decisions were made but the return was never enough to make up for the learning curve and in the end, weddings came along and babies were on the way and we couldn’t afford to live, and sometimes even eat. So, I walked away, cold turkey and had to start again and dig myself out of where we had ended up.

I regret just disappearing, but it was a very dark time. I also walked away from some really great friendships, which I have missed and have started rebuilding some of them again recently, which has been great. I still have some guitars half built for people who paid deposits and I have never spoken to since and wouldn’t know who they are or what their spec is now, I lost all my info when things got shut down and packed up. Plus, I just shut myself off from everything to try to find a way through it and tried to forget as much as possible, so I could focus on the recovery. Hopefully I will get to finish and deliver those guitars one day and potentially this is the first step.

I have recently built a workshop in my garden and am planning to start tinkering again and finishing all of the guitars that went into storage all those years ago (there’s almost 40 instruments that I managed to hide away when everything went wrong), and a decent stash off old woods. I am not planning on selling them for money, I want to do it for me, because I love to do it and I want my kids to see me doing it, because it’s amazing! If I can’t keep them all then maybe I’ll trade them or give them away, pick one shop to stock them or something.

There were very dark days in the past, but I don’t live there now. Things are good, my family is strong, and business has been consistent for a long time. I miss the guitar making and am looking forward to getting back into it as a hobby , but mostly I’m just looking to balance some of my old passion for guitars and music into my life again. Hopefully to help me get my ‘Mojo’ back! 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom