One for the 50 yr olds......

What's Hot
Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
My teen crush and still a beautiful woman today at 61....yes 61. Had the pleasure of meeting her in the early 90's, she was so down to earth and friendly. We talked about Ric's whilst I tried not to dribble. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH_z7Hj9G_k
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    She's had work done, apparently. But still, there was obviously a good base to work with. :)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I’ve been enjoying BBC4 repeating old Top of the Pops episodes recently, from 88/89

Carol Decker, Wendy James and Susanna Hoffs have been cropping up a lot....all school boy crushes of mine. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    Still hot, but worth remembering just how hot she used to be

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1778
    edited May 2020
    I'm only 45 but still always fancied Ms Hoffs. Is that allowed?

She's pretty much matured exactly with my tastes.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    She was absolutely stunning in the 80s. Still beautiful today.

MrsICBM also approves of my entirely idle interest in Ms. Hoffs :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1467
    the_jaffa said:
    I'm only 45 but still always fancied Ms Hoffs. Is that allowed?

She's pretty much matured exactly with my tastes.
    I'm 36 and always thought she was a looker. 

Although, not sure I can forgive her keeping her tuner on the headstock. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    She was never my type but she has aged well, I find her more attractive now to be honest!
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    My first gig was Queen at Slane Castle. I only went because I was a big fan of The Bangles who were on the bill.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2558
    Joining in the lecherous over 50 banter - Susanna Hoffs is like a sanitized and disinfected Hope Sandoval. Not only her looks, but the way she sings too. One of the most naturally seductive deliveries -female or male...

The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    Another one because she's an amazing singer and I'm over 50. 
    sorry last one. . (for now) 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    I quite liked 1994 back in 1984.

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    JAYJO said:
    I still have a soft spot for 10,000 Maniacs and my favourite album of theirs is The Wishing Chair. There's something unique about that record that I can't quite put my finger on.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    JAYJO said:
    I still have a soft spot for 10,000 Maniacs and my favourite album of theirs is The Wishing Chair. There's something unique about that record that I can't quite put my finger on.
    I think i switch between albums tbh. I get stuck on one and play the life out of it,then move onto a different one before rpt. Wish they had made more as the original line up but i like Natalie Merchants solo stuff also.
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I managed to get to the Hammersmith Apollo Wishing Chair anniversary gig where John Lombardo joined them on guitar (with Mary Ramsey on BVs) and it was brilliant! I can only surmise that Lombardo's contribution helped make that album what it was, as the others don't quite have the same magic IMHO. The magic was palpable at the concert too.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 842
    Always had a soft spot for Hoffs back in the day.
    Got to see the Bangles at the Academy in Manchester on the Doll Revolution tour and they were fantastic.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027

@lasermonkey -- thanks for this.  I've not heard this album before but listening to it now on Spotify -- sounds dated but in a good way that I don't mind. 
    10,000 Maniacs were never a favourite band but definitely one I liked and it was just that I never made the effort to look for anything beyond the couple of albums that were in the local library (Eden, Tribe, Zoo). 
    The song Ophelia by Merchant happens to be one favourite songs ever.  Not quite sure why, it just gets me every time. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    Forgot to say earlier, if you think Susanna Hoffs is just a (very) pretty face, she's not - she's a seriously talented musician. Even if you don't like The Bangles... have a listen to the set of three covers albums she did with Matthew Sweet - Under The Covers Vol. 1, 2 and 3 - just superb musicianship from both of them. The material is quite varied, but everything is done both perfectly following the original parts, and yet with a character all of their own - quite a difficult trick to pull off.

Here's one...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom