Piezo Bridge + Fishman Fluence

What's Hot
Hi all,

I’m looking at building a Warmoth partscaster later this year and am considering fitting a pair of Fishman Fluence Moderns. However, I’m also interested in potentially installing a piezo bridge such as the Fishman Powerbridge or LR Baggs X Bridge.

Has anyone here tried mixing these two together before? If so, how did it go, and do you have a wiring diagram/any tips?

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    I haven’t done it with the Fluence pickups, but I have fitted a couple of Powerbridges to guitars with other magnetic pickups using the Powerchip mixer preamp. It works perfectly and all the instructions are supplied with it.

I’m certain it will work with the Fluence pickups, and it even mentions being powered by the same battery in the description.

https://www.fishman.com/accessories-tuners/powerchip/

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    What he said.

Use the Powerchip and dual output sockets approach.

The other simplified method described in the Powerbridge instructions is asking for trouble.
    Be seeing you.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71959

Use the Powerchip and dual output sockets approach.

The other simplified method described in the Powerbridge instructions is asking for trouble.
    I didn't have any trouble with a single jack, to be honest - the switching in the Powerchip automatically senses what type of plug is in it and selects combined or split outputs automatically.

If you want a simple passive installation with just the Powerbridge then you do need separate outputs, but the real advantage of that is not needing a battery in the guitar, which isn't relevant if you're using Fluences anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• geetarguy85geetarguy85 Frets: 51
    Thanks both! Plenty to look into.