Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

My other passion is nano-reef aquarium keeping where my username is nanolutionary.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

London, England

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To write songs/compose music and make a difference in the environmental sector doing [political performance artwork.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Bose Mini-Soundlink

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

The Voice Within - Christina Aguilera

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    Welcome @UncleBiff ;
    :)

Check out the making & modding section here.  I included that in the structure when we started this forum to be a dedicated space for the smaller and hobbyist builders and everyone interested in all the aspects of tinkering! 

It's a very supportive and helpful section.  You'll have a lot to contribute there, and probably find a lot of like-minded people who understand all to well the challenges the step (giant leap) between guitar-building-for-fun/interest/satisfaction and guitar building as a business.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ColWilkieColWilkie Frets: 144

Recently joined, and great to see such an active community!

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My lack of imagination!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Edinburgh, Scotland

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Continue my fight against pentatonic hell!  Would love to play in a band again.  But mainly just continue having fun and being creative!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - PRS Custom 24.  My 40th birthday treat!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Hmmm, that's a tough one, and likely changes by the week!  Let's go for something chilled: Indifference - Pearl Jam

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tall_martinTall_martin Frets: 213
    Hi, I've just joined. Its refressing to see such a vibrant board!

Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    A mate who is 5"0 gave it to me after I had her sister tucked under one arm and another mate under the the other while running down the street. She was chasing me with her fairy wings on. 

Nottingham Uk

Entertain folk and make them want to dance!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear 
    My 1978 Musicmaster bass. The first instrument I ever bought back in 1995. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track
    Under the Bridge by the RedHotChilliPeppers. I wore my cassette out learning to play it :)
  • BouvierBouvier Frets: 75
    Q1:  My user name is the best dog breed (bar non) and Homers wifes maiden name...

Q2:  I'm in the UK up in the North East - Teesside

Q3:  My ambition is to be able to play off the cuff and generally just enjoy myself

Q4:  Now that is a toughie - Guitar, Amp or Pedal.   If the house was on fire I would most likely pick up my 58 Les Paul Custom (ex the Cult)

Q5:  Easy peasy my number one track is .......  Stone Roses - Made of Stone..........  Fabulous

• Joe123Joe123 Frets: 8
    Hi, I am new here..My name is Joe, from Indonesia. I am here because I want to ask several things about guitars, mostly which is available in the UK and also in my country. In addition, I am planning to take master degree in the UK, probably next year. (I haven't decided it yet,though, because of this covid thing)...

I have no particular ambition in music besides learning as many favourite music as I can.
    My gear currently are Yamaha C 330, Ibanez rG 550 genesis and Phil Pro guitar (not sure which type, but I think it is a copy of Ibanez RG 570).
  • CalgacusCalgacus Frets: 1
    Hi All,

Firty-<cough> year old returning guitar player here. Just needed some advice on building a guitar kit that I recently bought. I used to play when I was in my teens and early twenties until real life got in the way. Recently bought a new guitar too (I blame a late-onset midlife crisis) and am in the process of relearning all that I've forgotten over the last quarter century. *weeps*

To answer the questions:

Q1:  Where did you username come from? From the early days of online gaming - back in the mid 90s. The days of Quake and Unreal. I wanted a name that no-one else would be likely to use and that would therefore stand out in team-talk, etc.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Central Scotland - just outside Stirling.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Um... just to become good enough to impress myself somewhat.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Nothing fancy - an Epiphone Emperor Swingster. It looks fantastic and sounds as good as it looks; but unfortunately my playing remains as bad as ever. :/

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Just one? :o Um.. no way, couldn't really choose. "Hotel California" perhaps, or "The Harrow and the Harvest" by Gillian Welch - for David Rawlings' guitar playing. Oh, or "Devil in Me" by Gin Wigmore. Or "Sweet Child of Mine", or "Livin' on the Edge". Or...

• NickBrownNickBrown Frets: 6
    Greetings

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - I was given it… shortly after birth
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - Gloucestershire, UK
    Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To improve my playing and acquire enough confidence to play for others.
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - Yamaha Pacifica 402S
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Today it’s Jessica -The Allman Brothers Band
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1568
    Greetings

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - My cat
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - South Yorkshire, UK
    Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To be as good a player as I can be.
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - Down to my Jim Dandy - I'm on the hunt for another acoustic... 
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Today it’s Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd
  • arthurarthur Frets: 1
    Been lurking on the Fretboard for some time, wondering about doing the weekly challenge to compete with my bandmate who keeps winning it. Finally thought I'd get round to contributing on here (got nothing else to do!!)

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - My middle name... (although I've giggled at other Fretboard members that have said: it was given to me shortly after birth!!)

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - Just south of Derby, UK.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To have and be in a band (in addition to the wonderful one I'm already in... Far Away Cows... casual plus there...) called "I am Gomez's Elbow" playing a mix of songs by Ian Kloot, Gomez and erm.... Elbow.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - Currently loving my Epiphone Sheraton after I've just installed some fab Bean-O pickups in it from Oil City Pick ups, and the gibson wiring loom from Bloodstone Guitar Works.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Its me nemesis to play: "Minor Swing" by Django Reinhardt.
  • Hello everyone, been reading the forum for some time and thought i'd also register. 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - just an old nickname that has stayed with me over time

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - SE London, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - Always struggling to impove my playing, but im also into fx and guitar project building

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - That would be my larrivee D-03 but i also love my caparison tat II

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - Joe Bonamassa stop
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1553

Hellloooo...

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - A childhood love of Captain Scarlet, and The Spacemen 3

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - London, GB

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To keep enjoying playing, to learn to more lead  - and graduate from being pretty rubbish to being interstingly rubbish

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - My 1978 Precision Bass

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Today it is probably "The Stallion (Pt 3) " by Ween

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NoddonNoddon Frets: 1

Q1:  Username? - My name is Don, so Noddon is a palindrome made up of my name.  It's also the name of a character in an excellent series of books by Julian May, starting with A Many Coloured Land.

Q2:  Where? - Uk.  I move around the country regularly, for work, but I'm also trying to work out where I'd like to settle.  I'm originally from Bolton, Lancs.

Q3:  Musical Ambition? - I'd like to be asked to play a 'proper' festival. I've played a few that are one or two marquees in a field.  I've even put a couple on. They were great, just not ...you know... proper.

Q4:  Best Gear? - I haven't paid alot of attention to gear yet.  I intend to, that's part of why I joined this forum. That, and to buy a new acoustic guitar. I really enjoyed a behringer v-amp pedal that let me rock up to play bass without lugging an amp behind me.  I love a good mic. 

Q5:  #1 Track? - Depends on the day.  Today it is Wildfire by Mandolin Orange

• Q1:  Where did you username come from? Demonoid-phenomenon was taken the first place I tried to use it, so this was the next best thing to use everywhere without fear of anyone else having taken it.

Q2:  Where?  N.E Scotland.

Q3:  Musical Ambition? Playing a few songs all the way through would be a start.

Q4:  Best Gear? Went a bit mad and got a Kemper to kill all future amplification GAS. That was the theory anyway....

Q5:  #1 Track?  Today, its When the crowds are gone by Savatage
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? - When I joined my first forum (jemsite, back in 2000) I need a username. I like 7, I like trees, and Dying is to make it less hippy.
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - London, UK
    Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To keep writing and release stuff, and get back to playing live.
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - Really difficult, but I think it's probably my Ibanez LACS I had made for me when i was endorsed
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Megadeth - Rest in peace - Polaris
  • Hi Guys 

Well I just thought it sound cool plus it's the of my new project

Shropshire, UK.

To self record and write an album, I've haven't been an active musician for nearly 10 years since my daughter was born, thought it was time to get back into it

My esp exp, never played anything as nice

To many to choose just 1

• GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    All;
     I’d just like to welcome @archiew to tFB. A real life pal of mine through cricket, fine wicket keeper and top lad. Please feel free to trade with him and I’m happy to vouch for his honesty.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Hi all

Happy to have joined this forum after years of lurking on many other inferior sites.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's what we do!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? London 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To keep going.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Prob a '68 JMP 50w Plexi that Martin at Gartone said was one of the best Marshalls he has ever played but it wasn't before he gave it the service of a lifetime! 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Impossible to say but at my funeral Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) will be on the playlist. Peace!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HCDaviesHCDavies Frets: 12

Hello, I was goggling how to set up some Midi floor pedals to emulate the Moog Taurus pedals from the late 70s into the 80s. A thread on the forum was suggested and started browsing and thought, that sounds good. So here I am Hugh Davies

Q1:  Where did you username come from? – My initials and surname

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? – Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? – To Enjoy and entertain myself, and hopefully others

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? – Aria Legend Telecaster with custom Welsh Flag paint job, 1 of only 5 I was told in Speed Music in Swansea

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? – Every Little Thing She Does is Magic, The Police.

Been playing for over 35 years, never pro, but done some charity concerts with other people I knew in the past. Not recently however. Music I listen to, The Police, Kiss, Dire Straits, Iron Maiden, Rush, Genesis, Blondie, David Bowie, early Madonna, currently going through a Def Leppard phase.

• CrankyCranky Frets: 2629
    edited June 2020

I have some anger issues and happened to be listening to a lot of Bad Brains when I joined here.

The wild west of the US.

Harness my blend of angst, anger and insight, learn from those better than me how to channel and be creative.  Hopefully get out of my basement and play along with others.

Probably my Guild D40 Traditional, tho nothing speaks to me quite like my crappy MIM Strat.  I really have a thing for low- to mid-range Fenders. 

Strictly as a track, "Lenny" live by SRV is hard to look past.  Nothing gets me going quite like the 1-2 punch of Smells Like Teen Spirit + In Bloom, knowing the dystopian euphoria that the entire album will have induced over the next 30 minutes.  "Son of Sam" acoustic by Elliott Smith.  My Hero by Foo Fighters.  Coney Island Baby by Lou Reed, with that dripping sweet lead guitar.  This list could go on and on.  Music is bliss.