SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Matchless or Bad Cat SORTED

What's Hot
sparks18190sparks18190 Frets: 4
edited June 2020 in Amps £
Hello! 

Looking to buy either a Matchless Lightning 15 or a Bad Cat Combo. 

Seller must be be able to post, or located within reasonable driving distance of Edinburgh. 

Will considering other Matchless amps, but not looking to spend much more than £1500. 

Cheers! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9444
    I've got a Matchless Nighthawk, and it's one of the best live/rehearsal amps Ive ever encountered. Ive owned a Lightning previously, and that was awesome too.

Good luck in your search =)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That looks stunning. I have my eye on a Lightning, but just looking to see what else is possibly around! 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26746
    There was a Cub III on here not that long ago. Fantastic amps
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    My Black cat was up for sale a couple of months back too which is an awesome beast of an amp. Check out one of them too 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    Did your Black Cat ever sel @IvisonGuitars ?

• PC1971PC1971 Frets: 371
    I've got a Matchless Nighthawk, and it's one of the best live/rehearsal amps Ive ever encountered. Ive owned a Lightning previously, and that was awesome too.

Never mind the Nighthawk, that Fireglow 12 is absolutely effing stunning! ;-) @Wazmeister ;
  • Dodge said:
    Did your Black Cat ever sel @IvisonGuitars ?

Sadly they did, I should have jumped at that when I could! 
  • variplexivariplexi Frets: 107
    Just to throw into the mix, do consider 65 Amps as well. I have their older version (blue label) London head which offers the 12ax7 / ef86 options. Sounds great. Their newer models (red label) are more affordable but just as good I presume. Keep that on your list if one comes up! 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4978
    I think @Jeebas is selling a handwired BC Cub 15 for a very keen price. I used to have one, brilliant amps. I have no affiliation with the seller. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9444
    PC1971 said:

Never mind the Nighthawk, that Fireglow 12 is absolutely effing stunning! ;-) @Wazmeister ;
    Thanks mate !

Its a beauty; a 1994 (year) 360/12 WB. The binding has gone that lovely cream colour. 

I’ve added the Capri knobs and the gold hardware. 
  • sparks18190sparks18190 Frets: 4
    edited June 2020
    Also, just to interject, I have scoured the internet for the past four weeks, and I’m aware of basically all Bad Cat and Matchless amps that are listed for sale already from most common UK shops etc, so this is more to see if anyone is will to sell one that isn’t already listed, or any from European sites etc! 

Thanks everyone! 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2272
    My Matchless Lightning 15 is for sale... over my cold dead body!
  • garfygarfy Frets: 143
    Haar guitars have a used lightning with reverb for 1750 euro which is somewhere around £1500ish I think..
  • I think @Jeebas is selling a handwired BC Cub 15 for a very keen price. I used to have one, brilliant amps. I have no affiliation with the seller. 
    I am now the happy owner of that lovely amp. It is lush, I would recommend one absolutely. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16004
    Buy the Genz Benz on here.......it's cheap enough to move on without getting hurt if you don't like it
    I had one ,a Morgan AC20 and a Lightning side by side ..........I actually thought it was the best of the three
    it's most certainly no lesser
    youtube some of the reviews
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 653
    edited June 2020
    My Black cat was up for sale a couple of months back too which is an awesome beast of an amp. Check out one of them too 
    I now own this cracker of an amp....pity I'm not selling atm as I'm richt across the water in Fife!
  • wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 451

cor - I just creamed my jeans!
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I was talking to a chap on FB yesterday selling a matchless avalon for 1500.   He's in Leeds so might be too far but I'd have been very tempted if I hadn't bought the bogner at the weekend. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    I now own this cracker of an amp....pity I'm not selling atm as I'm richt across the water in Fife!
    Lol I was expecting you to pop by here. Glad you love it. I do occasionally kick myself for selling it but needs must ;) 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/