Which Beginner Synth?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7110
    I bought the Behringer model D at the start of lockdown as something new to dabble in. It was quickly stolen by my son and it sounds brilliant through his bedroom door I must say
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • After decades not thinking about it I succumbed and bought myself a second hand Arturia Microbrute. It’s been lots of fun  so far, and far more expressive than you’d think for something with a single oscillator.

The mini keys don’t bother me (I don’t have sausage fingers), and although it’s monophonic with a USB cable it works as a polyphonic keyboard for software synths on my iPad.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve just got into synths and picked up a drumbrute impact and the microfreak. The microfreak is great, still very much learning it; but personally I love the key board-but wasn’t to fussed on ‘tradition’. 

For the money it is incredible 
    How are you finding the drumbrute impact? 
  • Akashbro120Akashbro120 Frets: 0
    edited October 2020
    Spam deleted by modmins
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    JMP220478 said:
    Buy a midi controller / workstation n use a laptop or ipad / tablet - n buy some soft synths / apps etc - much cheaper way to go imho  - and less redundancy if you decide what you buy is not for you .. 

as an example - PC / Mac 

https://www.arturia.com/store/analog-classics/analoglab

for Ipad 

https://www.arturia.com/products/ipad-synths/iprophet/overview

Thanks @JMP220478 ;
    Analog Lab V - Looks fantastic for dipping the toe in the water...then eventually leading to buying the full software instruments once you fall in love with certain sounds. Will keep an eye on the prices as I’ve read they fluctuate (like Waves sales?) Currently it’s €99.

Wanted some pad sounds last night to just noodle around with & was surprised that my copy of Xpand!2 still worked (I thought the free trial had run out years ago) That will work fine for now, but can see myself getting something from Arturia.