UK/European guitars ( you know what I mean..not that geopolitical rabbit hole!)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 600
    Joe123 said:
    Hi, how about Manson guitars? They are now quite well known in many many countries, right?
    Probably only for Muse fans.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    I have this Lucem silver series Orthodox with Lucem based in Cumbria, this one is made in Korea though. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    grungebob said:
    I have this Lucem silver series Orthodox with Lucem based in Cumbria, this one is made in Korea though. 

Very nice, I have not, knowingly, come across this guy. Great design. I do know a couple of those he mentions as mentors. This is exactly the kind of stuff that easily goes under the radar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3596
    My ’92 Patrick Eggle LA is incredibly well put together and has a neck to die for.

My current number one is a Fretking Esprit - UK designed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 334
    I have a JJ Retro and once upon a time had a custom Chris Eccleshall - best guitars ever :) ...
    DavidRees said:
    I have a JJ Retro and once upon a time had a custom Chris Eccleshall - best guitars ever :) ...
    That takes me back ! In the mid 80's I has a Chris Eccleshall acoustic ( about OM size as far as I remember ). It was a lovely thing with style 42 abalone inlay on the body. I was touring a lot with bands then and I think it proved to be a bit delicate for that constant regime. I played a couple of his electrics, they were great too. I seem to remember my guitar having a unusual headstock carve which was part of the Eccleshall trademark look ?
    Epsilon said:
    Oof - would love to get my hands on that Sobell!

Apparently, Stefan is currently building his first Brazilian rosewood guitar for some years at the moment, due to just sorting out up to date CITIES paperwork. 
    It's going to be a New world model which is closer to, but slighter larger than OM size with a 25.3 scale (shorter than mine) and lighter bracing for an easier response. 
    He gave me one of these to play up at the workshop a few years ago and it still haunts me as one of the best guitars I have played. So light to play with gorgeous overtones. It also had a lovely soft V neck carve ( very vintage Martin ).
    I must admit that when I heard about this new one, I have had to try to talk sensibly to myself to say "step away from the phone, you really do not need it" 
    I am sure it will be a stunner.
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    edited June 2020
    I think Patrick Eggle is making some of the best guitars around at the moment.

I've got a couple of Macons that i've played exclusively lately.

Here is the newest brought Dec last year:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stardustudiosstardustudios Frets: 4
    edited July 2020
    I'm quite chuffed to own a Fingerbone Explorer, made by the late Paul Richardson in the early 80s. I've been told it's not the original Tobacco Burst colour & was recoloured by Bernie Goodfellow some time back. Original hand wound Kent Armstrong pickups sound amazing & you'd have to prize it out of my cold, dead hands if you wanted it. 

• Revolting1Revolting1 Frets: 295
    For sheer bite its hard to beat my Ebony on Oak necked set neck Tele by our very own Rabs Wood.

Its cured any gas for a custom shop Tele  :3
    When logic and proportion