Fender John Cruz

What's Hot

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Barnezy said:
    That is a terrible post. What an idiot. 

Wonder what it will do to the value of his guitars? I wouldn't want one of his now
    Yet the price never put you off?  ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Looks like Fender will have to train up another 'master builder' on how to press start on the CNC machine.
    32reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    The value of those fake masterbuilt JC necks is going to plummet...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    edited June 2020
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    The term "masterbuilder" when referring to bolt on guitars with no fancy inlays or intricate carving always seems a bit of a misnomer.
    How they get away with those kinds of price tags amazes me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
    Sassafras said:
    The term "masterbuilder" when referring to bolt on guitars with no fancy inlays or intricate carving always seems a bit of a misnomer.
    How they get away with those kinds of price tags amazes me.
    I think it just means he’s the least terrible at relic work in the factory..
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
    edited June 2020
    I don't get why people dont engage their brains. That's an offensive joke and something that some may pass around in other circles, but publically? It's like committing professional suicide. 

Everyone is on high alert at the moment and and need cool heads. Is it rascist? I don't think so but it's offensive nature and the added context of the BLM protesters just add up to a really bad idea. It's the classic "sick joke" of probably a bye gone era. 

Oh well, to paraphrase Thom Yorke... He did it to himself, he did, and that's what really hurts...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    Doesnt look like he'd be very hot on an IQ test

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1276
    skinfreak said:
    I don't get why people dont engage their brains. That's an offensive joke and something that some may pass around in other circles, but publically? It's like committing professional suicide. 

Everyone is on high alert at the moment and and need cool heads. Is it rascist? I don't think so but it's offensive nature and the added context of the BLM protesters just add up to a really bad idea. It's the classic "sick joke" of probably a bye gone era. 

Oh well, to paraphrase Thom Yorke... He did it to himself, he did, and that's what really hurts...
    If anyone has any doubts about the “joke” they should try posting it to their own social media and see how it goes down. I’d imagine most employers would have an issue with it, whether US based or not. 

As one of the public faces of the flagship product of a company with an international profile, it was a very stupid thing to do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4126
    edited June 2020
    tone1 said:
    The neck on my Cunetto is a John Cruz
    Pretty sure his name went on Cunetto necks as part of the quality control (or similar) job he was doing at the time, he didn't make them FYI

• danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
    Doesnt look like he'd be very hot on an IQ test

It's like Vincent Vega had a few too many Royale wi' cheese.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4126
    I saw a video a while back of him talking through the assembly process on a Strat and his accompanying chat certainly seemed to show him as a pretty unpleasant character. I can't be arsed to go back and find it again but my recollection is it was pretty misogynistic. Tit.
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
    Lewy said:
    tone1 said:
    The neck on my Cunetto is a John Cruz
    Pretty sure his name went on Cunetto necks as part of the quality control (or similar) job he was doing at the time, he didn't make them FYI

Yep. Doesn't stop bedroom dealer-scum from claiming it and sticking an extra £1.5k on the top though. This guy is still claiming the guitar was "built" by him even though I messaged him a few times about the error, with supporting evidence: https://reverb.com/uk/item/33247160-2000-fender-custom-shop-1963-relic-telecaster-aaa-flame-neck-john-cruz-incredible-mint
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23944
    Despite other people losing jobs and facing a public backlash over unwise yet very revealing public comments he still posted that?

Doesn't seem like he's very bright.
  • Does this mean Top Gun 2 probably won’t be released now? 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    A friend of mine once said "never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut" good advice in the current climate.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • AnacharsisAnacharsis Frets: 200
    edited June 2020
    Good for Fender, showing some moral fortitude. John Cruz if free to be a giant d-bag, but he's not entitled to a great job with an iconic and public image-dependent company forever while being a giant d-bag.
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    The world has gone mad
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    edited June 2020
    bloop