SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: 4114 Effects/Danplifier Hand Wired Champ Clone - £400

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
edited June 2020 in Amps £
FS: @4114Effects hand made/wired Champ clone, acquired by me about 18 months ago, from the man himself.

Quality components throughout: turret board circuit with cloth-covered push back wire. Solid state rectification instead of valve - one less valve to replace, also gives it a slight headroom boost and tighter bass over a stock champ, apparently.

Built into a pine cabinet, thin front baffle - the whole thing is really resonant. Simple to get a great tone, just set the volume control where you want it and use the guitar knobs to fiddle around.

Amp is fitted with a Celestion Eight 15.

Now being used less after I acquired a Princeton, and need to reinject some liquidity after going slightly dotty over a Feline this week...

I reckon £400 seems fair for this hardwired beauty.  Based N London/Herts, but happy to discuss posting if necessary.  

***Sold***

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    Have a bump on me! I've got one of these, great amp. Loads of harmonics. Currently got mine working in a dual amp set up on the dry side. Really sweet at hitting the notes, and loads of character to it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    Rich210 said:
    Have a bump on me! I've got one of these, great amp. Loads of harmonics. Currently got mine working in a dual amp set up on the dry side. Really sweet at hitting the notes, and loads of character to it. 
    Thanks for the endorsement!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12881
    That looks amazing. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2418
    Very nice. I notice that the Abbott isn't included in your current sell-off Mark.  I have the feeling that one is going nowhere ;)
    Didn't realise it was a pine cabinet to be honest, Dan did a great job at putting it together. I put a brymer 6v6 in mine And a tung sol 12ax7, didn't necessarily improve just gave it a different vibe to the JJ's. Does yours take el34 /6L6?
    Rich210 said:
    Didn't realise it was a pine cabinet to be honest, Dan did a great job at putting it together. I put a brymer 6v6 in mine And a tung sol 12ax7, didn't necessarily improve just gave it a different vibe to the JJ's. Does yours take el34 /6L6?
    I’m sure these words must mean something, but what?! :confounded: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jimbro66 said:
    Very nice. I notice that the Abbott isn't included in your current sell-off Mark.  I have the feeling that one is going nowhere ;)
    ‘No comment’ :naughty: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Love his amps. GLWTS.
    Mini tube pocket rocket rumpy-bumpage
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    For the cognoscenti, and in response to a couple of inquiries, here's a couple of gut shots.  a 6V6 and a 12AX7 give this amp its unique chiming to gnarly characteristics, folks.  As any fule kno.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    That celestion speaker is a great match to. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6597
    JerkMoans said:
     As any fule kno.
    Molesworth kno. 
    merlin said:
    JerkMoans said:
     As any fule kno.
    Molesworth kno. 
    What ho, my grate frend Peason!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    edited June 2020
    This most elegant and expressive of amplifications now en attente pending the finer details...

...and now sold...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer