SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: valves - 12AX7, ECC83, ECC82, RFT, Mullard, Mazda, Pinnacle, Trigon, Engl - more added

What's Hot

Comments

• Revolting1Revolting1 Frets: 295
    Pmd re Valves

What a pleasure to deal with.
    When logic and proportion
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • Thanks for the Brimar's John. 

Simply superb all round. 

Well played. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15954
    Yeah thanks John  ;)
    tae be or not tae be
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72203
    edited June 2020
    Some RFT ECC83s now. Various labels, including some extremely cool 1970s OEM Marshall ones - these came out of various metal-case PA heads which I and other techs used to scrap for parts like transformers to repair the guitar and bass amps, before the metal-case ones became somehow valuable in their own right...

The others include Mazda, De Banks, Edicron and even a Mullard, as well as generic Made In GDR - at the end of valve manufacture in the West, companies bought in valves from RFT and relabelled them. (The irony is that some were used by the British military, so effectively we were buying them from the enemy!)

First come first served on any specific labels you want - £25 each for Marshalls, £20 £15 each for others, including postage. *Maximum of three valves per buyer* since demand was so high last time!

All sold.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GassageGassage Frets: 30858
    John, if you get some matched RCA 6L6GC's GZ34 and 7025's I'll have them for obvious reasons.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    John, if you get some matched RCA 6L6GC's GZ34 and 7025's I'll have them for obvious reasons.
    Sorry, I don't think I have any. If I have any RCA 6L6s - I think I might have a couple - they're old worn ones and won't be matched. I do have a tiny number of Fender-labelled 70s GE 7025s and possibly one RCA, but I can't guarantee the condition. No GZ34s left.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Still a few of the RFTs left, and the ECC82s that aren't marked as sold.

Slight price reduction on the non-Marshall RFTs, since they haven't been quite as popular.

They're great valves - actually better than the Mullards in my opinion, especially in 70s-80s Marshalls.

• cemskycemsky Frets: 1
    Do you have a single EL84. Something cheap and cheerful will do.
    cemsky said:
    I do have some single spares I use for testing, but they’re all of very questionable reliability - power valves have a hard life, EL84s especially since most amps seem to be designed to thrash them... I wouldn’t really be able to sell you one with a clear conscience :).

You can buy a brand new JJ with a warranty from Karltone for £17 including postage.

• cemskycemsky Frets: 1
    ICBM said:
    cemsky said:
    I do have some single spares I use for testing, but they’re all of very questionable reliability - power valves have a hard life, EL84s especially since most amps seem to be designed to thrash them... I wouldn’t really be able to sell you one with a clear conscience :).

You can buy a brand new JJ with a warranty from Karltone for £17 including postage.

I dig what you are referring to. It is for my experimental project. So, feel free to sell me one :)
  • cosmicnedcosmicned Frets: 40
    Any ecc83 RFT’s left? thanks..,
    cemsky said:

I dig what you are referring to. It is for my experimental project. So, feel free to sell me one :)
    OK, I'll have a look and get back to you later. I have an EL84 amp so I can test them properly - valve testers don't run them hard enough to be sure!

cosmicned said:
    Any ecc83 RFT’s left? thanks..,
    Yes, enough for three each of either Marshall-labelled or the other ones.

edited June 2020
    Still a very small number of non-Marshall-labelled RFTs and most of the ECC82s left.

Only the ECC82s left now.

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1595
    @ICBM you don’t happen to have a 12av7 do you? 
    shaunm said:
    @ICBM you don’t happen to have a 12av7 do you? 
    I think I do - just one, and I don't know how good it is, but I'll have a look and get back to you.

Three OEM Engl-labelled Shuguang ECC83s - they came out of an amp I worked on ages ago (I forget which model) and the owner didn't want them. Obviously used, but I've tested them and they work fine. Put your Engl back to stock!

£10 each or £25 for all three, including postage.