Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender CS Relic 1960 Strat

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
edited October 2020 in Guitars £
Fender CS Relic 1960 Strat 2003 in a gorgeous 3 tone sunburst. 

Previously owned by @shaunm It's a gorgeous relic and plays fantastically. 

https://proof.ttpgp.co.uk/TTPGP/Guitars/Fender-Cusrom-shop-relic-Sunburst-2003

Comes with case and candy. It was missing the original COA but I now have a lovely replacement one sourced at warp-speed by Doug at Coda from the Custom Shop.

Spec-wise, I don't have the floor traveller as Fender don't do them that far back. The consensus seems to be that it has a 60s ovsl C neck, vintage frets, Custom 60s pick-ups and it is possibly a Time Machine Series guitar.

It is a fabulous guitar with no issues. I'm based in Harrogate but travel down to the Cotswolds every few weeks (next trip is 18/19 September) and I am willing to be as flexible as possible with anyone wanting to try it out before buying. Let me know.

Also willing to ship if arranged by the buyer and at his or her own risk.

It will be going on Ebay for £2,250 when the next £1 offer comes up but the FB price is £2,100.

Lovepedal Les Lius pedal WITHDRAWN

Fabulous tweed to fuzzy tones. Has a three way toggle switch that allows you to change tones from 5E3 Woody (Tweed Fender Deluxe), High Power Twin (50′s Fender Twin) and Master Volume Tchula (combination of both the 5E3 Woody and the High Power Twin) (or so Lovepedal say)...

https://imgur.com/gallery/UrWF99P

£145 PPG plus postage WITHDRAWN

1964 Fender Jaguar SOLD

This was my sole foray into vintage guitars. Beautiful guitar and my favourite colour but vintage isn't really my thing.

Link to pictures here

https://imgur.com/gallery/kVw1NmY

The tuners have been changed and it's been refinished in a gorgeous sonic blue. The guy who checked it out for me thinks the refin was probably 10-20 years ago. The neck has probably been refinished too and it may have been refretted (possibly not). Everything else looks to be original and in great condition. 

Currently fitted with a Mustang-type bridge - original is in the case.

Neck date November 1964.

L serial number.

Non-original hard, vintage case.

Hard to price these but it's probably about a quarter of the price of a comparable Strat. Not really interested in offers - may decide just to keep it. It's beautiful...

£2,500 SOLD

Gibson Firebird non-reverse SOLD

Totally as mint 2015 model in ebony with hard case and all candy.

Pics to follow later today but it's pretty much as new.

£975 SOLD

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    I really love the look of this guitar! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    If I was going to buy a jaguar it would be early 60 and this colour.    I had the spare cash I'd buy it today - looks like someone is going to get a very cool guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Thanks @Roland ; <3
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 681
    edited June 2020
    Lovely looking thing . I wonder what colour it was before? The "white" guard suggests it might have been a quite desirable custom colour!
    edited June 2020
    @simonhpieman Thanks. It is indeed. No clues as to original colour underneath the refin unfortunately. The 'new' colour looks stunning though - the tech thinks it is nitro but whatever it is, it is a really nice thin finish.
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    Good luck with the sale pall, I'd love to own such a guitar! One day maybe!
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 503
    Beautiful........
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    gringopig said:
    Most likely a sunburst due to the lack of a matching headstock. That looks as if it has survived unscathed.
    In which case, the guard is a repro or come from another guitar. It's very green so I am guessing a repro.

Looks very nice indeed!
    Not a repro in the eyes of @andrewaward who knows a thing or two about vintage Jags.
    edited July 2020
    gringopig said:
    In that case it's been added at some point if original as the sunbursts had bare headstocks and came with tort guards. 
    I do know something too about Jags, owning 4 vintage myself. I asked a pal who collects them too and he said it looked original but it's hard to tell unless you look at the back.

It's a nice guitar though and the guard is in keeping with the custom colour refin.

GLWS
    You're only right if it was a sunburst (or olympic white or blonde) originally - which we don't know. Otherwise, it's absolutely the right guard.

Thanks.
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    Actually @gringopig custom colour jags (blues, reds etc) and JMs were produced with non matching headstock. They are pictured in one of the 60s Fender full line catalogues ( 64 or 65 I think). Front cover if I remember correctly.

They are rarer than the matching headstock ones but they were made. 

More often than not though a refin’d jag in a custom colour (especially in the U.K.) would have started as a sunburst and would subsequently have had a repro mint ‘guard attached to it.

The OPs ‘guard looks like an original 60s one to me but of course it’s impossible to tell if it left the factory with it, but it looks a genuine 60s one.

edited July 2020
    60s white Jags also exist with non matching headstock. Also some whites were never clear coated at the factory as it turned yellow. But some were. 
    And yes blondes were painted over ash bodies and were plain headstocks. My fav jags and JMs.

As well as the tape/ shielding the guard would show shrinkage and yellowing on the back around the openings. And it’ll be heavier than most repros 

edited July 2020
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 615
    edited June 2020
    Hi mate, 

This looks identical to a 64 SB jag I had a couple of years back. I’ll need to double check the serial numbers.

If it is the same Jag it’s a cracker and the guard was an original early 60s mint guard. I bought the guitar off a bloke in Canada

Yeah I’m not keen on BMM with tort - a lot of the custom shop BMM jags and JMs come with tort , think they look better with mint.

Sorry to the OP for hijacking this thread - back to the for sale ad!
    Thanks @andrewaward ;
    No worries - appreciate the input.