Introducing Guitar Dashboard. A free, open source, interactive music theory explorer for guitarists.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 972
    edited June 2020
    viz said:
    Fact 2 is really helpful for many. 
    Thanks again @viz ;;;;;;
    makes it mush easier/faster to navigate with the triangles
      1.                         6
    4  5.    And       2 3

I stopped at No.2, but will watch the rest of the video.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10647
    Yes. And what about this:

1 (ionian) is the relative major of 6 (aeolian)

but also:
    4 (lydian) is the relative major of 2 (dorian) - they both have a raised note;

and 5 (mixolydian) is the relative major of 3 (phrygian) - they both have a lowered note. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JiJoeJiJoe Frets: 6
    That's fantastic Mike - thanks very much indeed for sharing this. Really like the way you've done this visualization.

• satg64satg64 Frets: 9
    edited August 2020
    Guitar dashboard & Mike H. This is the best. Absolutely Brilliant. Please can you tell me how to edit/ input harmonic Major scale? Thanks SG
  • m0rtm0rt Frets: 21
    This is a wonderful resource! thank you for making this publically accessible....
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Great this. Thanks very much.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Dude, great work. There are apps available that provide similar resources but a. they are not free and b. they often don't include the alternative tunings. Saved to favourites and will be used regularly!!
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 281
    This is a great tool to help me in getting to grips with the circle of 5ths  - thank you for developing and sharing it.