SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FOR SALE: MJW 'Tweed' 1x12 hand-wired combo (cf. Fender Blues Deluxe) £1,250 (or decent offer)

What's Hot
edited June 2020 in Amps £
It pains me, but I'm selling both my combos - this is a hand-built custom job by Martin Wheelan, of MJW Amps in the UK. It's beautiful and in immaculate condition ...

Essentially it's based on a 'Tweed style' amp (as per the styling) - one very 'Tweedy' clean channel, and a drive channel (if you've played a Fender Blues Deluxe, the drive channel on that amp is very similar in terms of gain structure - not hi gain, but a lovely 'gritty' & characterful drive … pure 'Cranked Tweed'). I've uploaded the spec list so you can look at the detail, but top line: 40W (and a ruddy loud 40W that is …!), 1 x 12 (Celestion G12M-65 Creamback), 2 channel, valve buffered switchable FX loop, switchable spring/valve reverb, and lots of 'Tweedy Goodness'. And built like a tank.

I changed my live rig just before lockdown for a bunch of reasons, so this and my other combo are having to go. If I could afford to keep them, I would - total beauties both. And if you like 'Tweed', you should play this MJW ...

Obviously you're more than welcome to come round to try it (socially distanced, of course) - just msg me and we can sort something out (I'm near Maidenhead).

Any questions, ask and I'll try my best to help.

I'd suggest local pick-up only for obvious reasons. But if you do want to arrange a courier, then I'm happy to liaise.

https://i.imgur.com/GGfm3tH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hZIXhAo.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Good to see new blood even though it’s for a painful reason. You’ll get more attention putting FS: in your title. You need to put the price too, at least in the text. Adding to the title too should get more attention. There’s a dedicated page for testing images. Hopefully someone will remind everyone where it is. Glwts. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ta Luke - I'd actually mistakenly saved before completing (doh !), hence the version you saw didn't have price & pic. But complete now - I'll add FS, though, that's seems a sensible suggestion. Cheers, buddy.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    We’ve all done it. I managed to forget the last zero on the price of my vintage univibe. 150£ got me lots of PMs unfortunately. 
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    That's a lot of amplifier! Really enjoy my MJaw I'm sure this would blow a lot of amps out of the water!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheers Rich - it's been a lovely thing, and has been a mainstay of studio work for a couple of years - anything funky, jazzy, soulful, bluesy, etc, it's unbelievably good ...!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom