SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Marshall 1960ax 4x12 Speaker Cab - Warwickshire/West Midlands

kerryboykerryboy Frets: 169
I'm looking for a Marshall 1960ax in decent condition. Prefer an earlier one, so probably no later than 2012. Happy to pay up to £300 for the right one.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalfreziJalfrezi Frets: 55
    Long shot, but I have a stripped one, complete with new Tolex (to be fitted).  Needs a new back panel as the original was chipboard.  If your up for a project :)
    my trading feedback HERE
  • kerryboykerryboy Frets: 169
    Thanks Jalfrezi, but I want one that's unmolested and ready to go. Not really up for a project at the moment, but thanks for the offer. Regards
    edited July 2020
    Anybody got one for sale.
    I thought these would be readily available as 4x12's tend not to be as popular these days.
    Bump
  • bananamanbananaman Frets: 191
    I've got a 1960TV with UK Greenbacks you could have for £250. It is a killer cab but weighs a ton as it's oversized. If you could stretch to £350 I've got a set of the Hendrix Greenbacks sitting around that I could put in instead.
    Thanks bananaman that is very tempting, very tempting indeed. Just not sure if the TV is what I want and I know that they weigh a ton.
    I will hold out in the hope that an AX comes along but I will keep your cab in mind. Thanks again.
    You're welcome to bring your own amp and play through it first if you like? No pressure at all - I'll make you a cup of tea and have a listen.  I do also have a special edition bright blue 1960a with the same basket weave cloth and small gold logo as the TV. It's got X patterned V30s and 75s in it at the moment but I could put the Hendrix Greenbacks in it. Both are great cabs but have not been used for many years and likely won't be used again in anger by me. In fact I've got a ton of 4x12s! They were all in the garage out of sight, but I've had to store a friend's stuff for him which meant bringing them into the house and therefore to my wife's attention! That's not a good thing ;-)
    Whereabouts are you bananaman?
    South Leics. Near Junction 20 of the M1.
    PM'd you