SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Vox AC15CH-WB head

What's Hot
suitablyswellsuitablyswell Frets: 80
edited July 2020 in Amps £
Launched in 2017, this is an example of the classic AC15 in head format in a limited edition and long sold-out 'Bronco White' tolex. In immaculate condition - despite my best intentions, it hasn't left home since I bought it. Two channels: Normal and the famous Top Boost. Comes with a built-in reactive attenuator that enables you to run it at 1.5w and 1/6w - great for using at home and bedroom-friendly levels.

This one has been revalved with JJ El84s and TAD ECC83s. It also comes with a Vox VFS2 pedal to control the built-in tremolo and reverb via footswitch.

I'm happy to share pictures on request. Buyer collects from Aberdour, Fife or I can post at cost - likely to be about £20. 

Specifications:
Dimensions (W x D x H): 24" x 10.43" x 11.18"
Weight: 34lbs (15.3kg)
Valves: Three ECC83, two EL84
Output Power: 15 Watts RMS into 16 or 8 Ohms
Inputs: Normal input jack, Top Boost input jack, Footswitch jack
Outputs: Extension loudspeaker jacks

imageimageimageimage
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    edited July 2020
    I would highly recommend pinging some pics on Imgur (free app) and then posting them from there onto here. I can help if you like. 

If you were around the corner I'd love a try on this. It would be nice to have as a Brit-foil to my 20w Marshall head.  

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McToot said:
    I would highly recommend pinging some pics on Imgur (free app) and then posting them from there onto here. I can help if you like. 

If you were around the corner I'd love a try on this. It would be nice to have as a Brit-foil to my 20w Marshall head.  
    Thanks, blatant newbie here and only just worked out how to add pictures - now added to the original post.

I've been using this in conjunction with my venerable SoundCity 50 and the combination of the two is definitely "my sound". The only reason I'm moving this one on is because I've also got a black one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    McToot said:

Thanks, blatant newbie here and only just worked out how to add pictures - now added to the original post.

I've been using this in conjunction with my venerable SoundCity 50 and the combination of the two is definitely "my sound". The only reason I'm moving this one on is because I've also got a black one.
    No worries! It's taken quite a few old hands on here a while to work out how to embed pics so props to you for getting there right rapid. We're a lazy bunch and can't be arsed to email for pics: plus there are a lot of window browsers who just might be tempted to bust their kids' piggy banks if a nice photo piques their interest. 

Speaking of which...

I'm seriously tempted, though it would be daft because I'm more than happy with my Origin 20H (which I bought before they were hideously discounted). I've never had a Vox though... 

Let me ponder [and rattle the girls' piggy banks]. One question: how're these with pedals (esp given there's no loop)?

• McToot said:

I'm seriously tempted, though it would be daft because I'm more than happy with my Origin 20H (which I bought before they were hideously discounted). I've never had a Vox though... 

Let me ponder [and rattle the girls' piggy banks]. One question: how're these with pedals (esp given there's no loop)?

Oh you should definitely get this. Running 2 amps at the same time is tremendous fun. But then I would say that.

My bandmate has an AC30 which is what turned me onto Voxes after a lifetime of Marshall, Fender and SoundCity amps. Hearing a friend blasting his AC15 alongside a Super also convinced me that a 15w amp is definitely "loud enough" (whereas the AC30 never gets turned up above 3, even onstage). I run this absolutely dimed and the SoundCity 50 on about 3.5 to balance chime/fizz against clean/clang. There's a life and vitality to the Vox sound that I just haven't found in other amp types.

Apart from avoiding Tubescreamer types, I've never understood where the idea about Voxes not taking pedals well comes from. The gain stages I use are: a MadeByMike Saltbooster (modified LPB-1); Timmy; then a Rat in that order to get all the gain, OD and fuzz you could possibly want.
  • This is now sold
    This is now sold
    That's good news. It was making my paypal account sweat and I really don't need it. Congrats. 

• Tadragh1Tadragh1 Frets: 70
    This is now sold
    What was the price?
  • Tadragh1 said:
    This is now sold
    What was the price?
    £350
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190
    edited July 2020