SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Tone King Gremlin NOW SOLD

What's Hot
NibulniblinNibulniblin Frets: 183
edited July 2020 in Amps £

After a couple of weeks of ownership I was asked to join an established local band. Sadly, I'm not sure this amp will comfortably handle a 5 piece with keyboards and sax/trumpet - hence the need to sell the precious wee thing and get myself a 60 watt BC Stage.

History: the amp was bought from Coda about 18 months ago. Buyer had it for 3 weeks and decided it wasn't Marshally/Voxy enough for him. Second owner bought it and stored it away for a year without using it before kindly selling it to me. It really is unmarked and absolutely as new. The custom Roqsolid cover arrived last week after a 3 week wait.

Although the controls appear simple, there is a lot of tonal/dynamic variation to be had from the Gremlin through its two differently voiced channels, the interaction between the tone and volume controls and the onboard IronMan attenuator. I never got round to inputting into both channels simultaneously, so that would be something else to explore. You also have the option of experimenting with various preamp and output valves without the need for rebiasing.

From silky sweet to bordering on the savage in this innocent-looking package!

Best thing if you're interested is to tune into the YT demos by Shawn Tubbs, and Jack at Peach.

A genuine opportunity at £825 delivered mainland UK in original packaging. Current new price (and this is indistinguishable from new) with cover is around £1290.

Bank transfer only, please – not a PayPal fan. Based 10 miles west of Chester. By all means message me if you have any questions. Thanks.

The Future is simply time waiting to become History.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 506
    As someone with an eye on the 5w market, this is a great buy. Not for me sadly as it is too close to my TK. 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    If you had posted this yesterday, anytime up to midnight, I would have bought it............................bid and won on a Falcon instead.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • NibulniblinNibulniblin Frets: 183
    Many thanks to ^^

Reminder: From silky sweet to bordering on the savage in this innocent-looking package!
    A mantra that has served me well over the years: "Buy now, afford later".  An amp to last a lifetime...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom