SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

UPDATE: SOLD. Fromel Electronics Epiphone Valve Junior Supreme Mod Kit

erueru Frets: 53
edited July 2020 in Amps £
Brand new amp mod kit from American boutique electronics company Fromel Electronics.

The kit is suitable for all versions of the Epiphone Valve Junior amp (both the combo and the head), as well as the Harley Benton GA5 and other variants. Includes detailed printed instructions with colour photos.

I bought this direct from the manufacturer in Seattle, USA. It took a lot longer than expected to arrive and by the time I received it I no longer had the amp I was intending to use it on, hence the sale.

Including shipping costs it cost me exactly £36.10. I also had to pay over £14 in customs fees, so £50+ in total. I'm looking for £28 including UK postage.

I currently have the kit listed on the auction site beginning with E. You can search for it on there, or if you'd prefer not to use that site then just send me a message through here.

Manufacturer description below:

"Unleash the tone of your Epiphone Valve Jr. The Valve Jr is quickly becoming one of the best selling tube amps, it has pretty good tone and the price is right. However, these amps can tend to be a bit noisy and sound a bit thin. After these mods your amp will sound fantastic, with less noise and be more reliable. After these mods the tone will rival that of boutique amps costing many times more. Your Epiphone Valve Jr may be small in size but it doesn't need to sound small.

Tone - Get rid of that thin bottom, honky mids, and lack of clarity with High Quality Caps and corrected resistor values for the input stage to increase the gain and minimize noise. The cathode cap is replaced to provide full tone range resulting in full low end without being flabby.

Tube Bias - The preamp tube is running to cool causing the amp to sound harsh and cold, adjusting the cathode resistors let the pre-amp tube run a bit hotter for a smoother and warmer tone.  The power tube is running to hot causing the amp to sound brittle, cooling down the power tube improves the tone of the amp and increases the tubes life.

Brightness - Like to play at low volumes but find the amp too dark? The brightness mod adds sparkle to your tone at low volumes. As you turn your amp up the brightness mod loses its effect so the amp never sounds brittle at high volumes.

Power Stiffening - Both the Cathode cap on the power tube and the filter cap in the first filter stage are replaced with corrected values to reduce noise, increase frequency response and increase dynamics.

Noise Reduction - Isolates the input jack from the chassis preventing ground loops. Increase the capacitance of the first filter stage by 5x reducing ripple current and noise.

Included in the kit is all the components necessary to get your amp in top shape and the detailed instructions to make the changes easy. If you have a basic understanding of electronics and soldering skills you can do these mods in less than an hour."

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• erueru Frets: 53
    edited July 2020
    Reduced to £25 including UK postage.

Update: Has now been sold.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom