SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: H|H Electronics V-S Musician 2x12 Combo £125

What's Hot
SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6914
in Amps £ tFB Trader
I need the space so this has to go unfortunately.

Condition excellent externally. The knobs have been painted silver as the plating wore off as is usual.

The amp is in good working order, all jacks and pots were cleaned recently. There is some hiss present but that's normal for these amps. 

Collection in person from South Manchester please due to its weight.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7671

My first amplifier was one of those, replaced eventually by an H|HStudio 100.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    I used to have the head version of this, it was great. The guy I bought it from told me that it was designed for vocals and accordions?!?
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6914
    tFB Trader
    I'm pretty sure it was designed as a guitar amp?

HH amps were used by just about everybody in the 70s - Marc Bolan, Wilko Johnson, Bill Nelson, Pink Floyd, etc., etc..
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    edited July 2020
    Yeah I never believed the accordion bit, but you know when something gets stuck in your head? Well, that.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6597
    I'm pretty sure it was designed as a guitar amp?

HH amps were used by just about everybody in the 70s - Marc Bolan, Wilko Johnson, Bill Nelson, Pink Floyd, etc., etc..
    I saw Dr Feelgood with Wilko. Bingo, green lights akimbo. My friend John Avon had one and we all though they were a bit shit. Then I saw the Feelgoods.

tFB Trader
    I saw them in Liverpool in 1975. Brilliant.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3098
    Wilko in the seventies playing through one of these frightened the life out of me, unfortunately not for me now good luck with the sale 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590

I saw the Dransfield brothers playing through them in a folk club. Guitar and electric mandolin. At the end of the set Barry kicked his over, and the spring reverb sounded like a bomb going off. Try that with a hot valve amp! 

Despite the waves of nostalgia it’s no longer the amp for me. GLWTS
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I've played one of these before. They are excellent. This is an absolute steal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5654
    My mates Dad leant me a head a lot like like this to play Bass through way back in my yoof. Played it with an enormous cab about the same size as me. I don’t remember what it sounded like at all but I remember it made me feel like a god compared to the tiny and tinny box I’d been used to. 
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    edited July 2020
    I would love this. I suppose there is no conceivable way of posting? I guess it would be a major hassle :(
  • If you're not already aware, there's an H&H appreciation group on Facebook that it might be worth posting this for sale in. They are cracking amps.
    tFB Trader
    It's so tough I could probably just stick a label on but I wouldn't chance it sorry.
    tFB Trader
    If you're not already aware, there's an H&H appreciation group on Facebook that it might be worth posting this for sale in. They are cracking amps.
    Thanks, I went on Facebook the other day and it was horrific. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    Played through a couple of these. Loud as &*@#!   :o  tons of headroom, and still look cool all lit up. They have a sustain switch that's kind of like a more restrained  fuzz.   Built like the proverbial tank. Actually, one of these will take out an entire panzer division! :)   
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2261

Oh the memories. My fist big amp aged about 12 or 13. I loved it at first because it was big and had reverb but found the clean was too clean and clanky and the dirt was mushy and fake and got lost in the bands. Wilko did much better with his!
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2621
    H&H amps are the epitome of solid state thwack! to me, and that's probably what they do best. I think super clean has a lot going for it (my #1 amp at the moment is a JC40, if only because I don't have room for a JC120). There were lots of these around when I was a kid in the early 80s, and lots of Shergold Masqueraders - my teenage experience would be a Shergold into an H&H, dreaming it was a Les Paul into a Marshall, and I think I've tended to underrate both for that reason. 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6101
    Another bump

Had one as my first amp, too. I even bought that flanger add-on that plugged in via the DIN socket. The 'valve sound' overdrive was too subtle for the late '70s, but with a Boss OD-1 it could really sing.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1254
    Voxman said:
    Played through a couple of these. Loud as &*@#!   :o  tons of headroom, and still look cool all lit up. They have a sustain switch that's kind of like a more restrained  fuzz.   Built like the proverbial tank. Actually, one of these will take out an entire panzer division! :)   
    That sounds more like the IC100S (S standing for “Suzztain” IIRC) which came before the VS series. And yeah, they were great in their own way too...

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 334
     I actually sold a 1968 AC30 to get one of these back in the day! Every band I was listening to used them, especially Stuart Adamson (Skids) & Bill Nelson. GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom