RIP Peter Green

What's Hot

Comments

• Sad news indeed,great loss of great British blues man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    Very sad news.
    It's not a competition.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    Gutted.  Amazing player in his prime. I also saw him with the Splinter Group and whilst he was a bit of a passenger in some places, it was an honour to have seen him live.

RIP Peter.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    If all he’d ever recorded was the intro to Need Your Love So Bad, he’d have done enough to be considered an all time great of the electric guitar, as far as I’m concerned. A wonderfully sensitive player. 

RIP - thank you for the music.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1479
    It's really sad.  Paul Kossoff and Peter Green were two of my inspirations back in the late 60's. 
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    If all he’d ever recorded was the intro to Need Your Love So Bad, he’d have done enough to be considered an all time great of the electric guitar, as far as I’m concerned. A wonderfully sensitive player. 

RIP - thank you for the music.
    So true. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
     :'(

One of the greatest musicians of my lifetime. He's left a legacy of some incredible music.

I also saw him with the Splinter Group. Had a time machine been available I would have gone back to see him with the Bluesbreakers and the Mac, when he was quite simply untouchable. 

There's going to be one hell of a jam in heaven tonight. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18717
    Phrases like 'Legend' are all too often thrown around carelessly, but in Peter Green's case I'll use it and mean it.
     Even though his physical & mental health has been poor for years, I'm shocked and saddened by this news.
    RIP Peter Green, we will not see your like again.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tweedphantweedphan Frets: 50
    Agreed - so sad. At least I had the pleasure and honour to see him in his heyday. 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4693
    What's to say that hasn't already been said many many times.  RIP Peter.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • diapdiap Frets: 135
    Guys PLEASE. 

This is the third thread I’ve now moved to Tributes. 

Please look and check that a topic hasn’t been posted before - and please post in the correct sub forum.
    If this sub forum came up in the 'new posts' list then it would be a lot easier to do so!
    I checked before I posted, so maybe don't blame us if the forum software has flaws, eh?

Anyway, RIP Peter Green. I don't normally comment on peoples deaths for various reasons, but Green is right up there as one of the greats, if not the GOAT!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2433
    Guys PLEASE. 

Please look and check that a topic hasn’t been posted before - and please post in the correct sub forum.
    I think this highlights the problem with the Tributes section.
    I know I personally never look at the tributes section, but would consider the death of an icon like Green to be of wide enough interest to discuss in Off Topic, and apparently several other people agree with me.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4135
    Oh no that’s a shame, one of the originals
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Yep. The finest British electric blues guitar player of the 1960s. RIP.

I'm glad Peter got to have another tour of the circus ring in later life, unlike Syd and others. It wasn't always good or pretty, but he deserved it, hopefully he enjoyed some of it, and it gave many people the chance to let him know how much he meant to them.

"Mozzarella, that's a mug's cheese, that is" - Peter Green
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1590
    Greeny, best of the British blues players, massive fan of his FM days and big influence on my playing.  RIP Peter.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    diap said:
    Guys PLEASE. 

If this sub forum came up in the 'new posts' list then it would be a lot easier to do so!
    I checked before I posted, so maybe don't blame us if the forum software has flaws, eh?

It’s not a software flaw. 
    It means you’ve not got that sub forum selected to appear in new posts.

Maybe not blame us if you don’t have the right settings, eh?

Oh, and for a few people on here - maybe not get snotty just because the mods are doing their job, eh?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    strtdv said:
    Guys PLEASE. 

I think this highlights the problem with the Tributes section.
    I know I personally never look at the tributes section, but would consider the death of an icon like Green to be of wide enough interest to discuss in Off Topic, and apparently several other people agree with me.
    Funny. Only a couple of years back we had multiple complaints that RIP threads were cluttering up Guitar, Off Topic and other sub forums. 

So we created this one to keep people happy.

Surprise surprise, some people are now not happy that they are in this sub forum instead. 

You can’t win.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    I used to work in a music shop in twickenham in my yoof... Pat who ran the shop was quite a “proper” lady and didn’t tolerate folk she didn’t find appealing... we used to have a regular “tramp” called “john” come in and buy the odd guitar string here and there... I couldn’t work out why the owner let this guy in the shop, he was a nice enough bloke but stank and was filthy dirty... yet she let him in... Turns out Pat was a massive fleetwood mac fan and “John” was infact mr Peter Green himself... I was stunned when I found out and gutted that he never came back in the shop after I did find out!

was a nice (if a bit smelly) geezer RIP fella!
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9661
    edited July 2020
    Like others I was fortunate to see him in the Splinter Group. A shadow of what he once was and really looked vulnerable on stage. Still an inspiring player though. Great phrasing, articulation, and inventiveness. Loved his economic playing style which is something that I try (mostly unsuccessfully) to emulate.
    RIP Peter.

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 877
    Ahhh crap.

one of the greats

https://youtu.be/lDGi0SZkgpI
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom