SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: SORTED

What's Hot
dilithium85dilithium85 Frets: 49
edited July 2020 in Amps £
Has to have 16 ohm setting but multiple ohm choice is even better and can be used for silent recording. 
Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    There’s a 16-ohm THD Hotplate in Strung Out Guitars in Glasgow. I don’t know the price yet, it only just came in. info@strungoutguitars.com if it’s of interest.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ICBM said:
    There’s a 16-ohm THD Hotplate in Strung Out Guitars in Glasgow. I don’t know the price yet, it only just came in. info@strungoutguitars.com if it’s of interest.
    Thanks for the heads up
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2261
    I’ve used Hotplates for decades after a studio tech urged me to use one. Unburstable. Marshall stacks, AC30, HiWatt, Fender works well with the lot. Noel Gallagher uses them with his Hiwatts. 

I’ve personally not found them to tone suck but other opinions differ. 

There are some much more high tech ones available now and I’ve not tried them. 
  • JGCJGC Frets: 156
    someone was selling a Sequis Motherload Elemental on here recently....I've used one for years and they are brilliant....attenuator / di / speaker simulator / load box all in one......
  • JGC said:
    someone was selling a Sequis Motherload Elemental on here recently....I've used one for years and they are brilliant....attenuator / di / speaker simulator / load box all in one......
    Think I found them! Gave them a message, thanks for telling me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    For what amp?  Some attenuators play nicely with some amps but not others.
  • Marshall dsl40c. I usually have to go to at least 3 to get the sound I want which is impractical for home use
  • I have a Power Plug Lite which handles all impedances.  Sounds great with my Dr Z Carmen Ghia and Bad Cat Mini Cat - I'm keeping one but have a spare for sale.  Passive and simple to use (like a Dr Z Airbrake, stepped attenuation).  
    https://recycledsound.net/shop/ols/products/power-plug-lite
  • I have a Power Plug Lite which handles all impedances.  Sounds great with my Dr Z Carmen Ghia and Bad Cat Mini Cat - I'm keeping one but have a spare for sale.  Passive and simple to use (like a Dr Z Airbrake, stepped attenuation).  
     Have contacted someone already waiting to hear back but thanks for the offer. I'm also looking for something that can do silent recording as well, with a direct out
    I've used my Motherload with 5 or 6 different amps...no issue with any of them and the sound attenuated is indiscernible from un attenuated.

The guitars on this were all run through the Motherload using the speaker simulated output

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    I have a Power Plug Lite which handles all impedances.  Sounds great with my Dr Z Carmen Ghia and Bad Cat Mini Cat - I'm keeping one but have a spare for sale.  Passive and simple to use (like a Dr Z Airbrake, stepped attenuation).  
     Have contacted someone already waiting to hear back but thanks for the offer. I'm also looking for something that can do silent recording as well, with a direct out
    Jettenuator or one of the Harley Benton copies do multi impedance and a line out, plus they're cheap. Resistive though, not sure whether that's important to you.
  • I had looked at them and great for the money but I've sorted out a motherload elemental
    I had looked at them and great for the money but I've sorted out a motherload elemental

glad you managed that, they are one of the best out there,much better than the Hotplates, Suhrs etc....did you find the Sequis website for info ? I've found that the Speaker Sim seems to be modelled on an SM57 ...I have a cab mic'd with a 57 and usually attenuate the speaker output and just use the Sim output because they are so close sonically....

• JGC said:
    I had looked at them and great for the money but I've sorted out a motherload elemental

glad you managed that, they are one of the best out there,much better than the Hotplates, Suhrs etc....did you find the Sequis website for info ? I've found that the Speaker Sim seems to be modelled on an SM57 ...I have a cab mic'd with a 57 and usually attenuate the speaker output and just use the Sim output because they are so close sonically....

I've got a load of cab sims on my PC so I'll use one of them for recording. But it will be good to finally push the amp at home!
    JGC said:

I've got a load of cab sims on my PC so I'll use one of them for recording. But it will be good to finally push the amp at home!

You'll definitely be able to do that :-)