The Lockdown Cover Challange Voting

This is the vote for the 10th fretboard cover challenge aka the Lockdown Cover Challenge. There was a great response and all the fantastic entries can be found in the following playlist

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/lockdown-cover-challenge

All that is required is to pick your top three and post them in the thread below.

Points are awarded as follows - 5 points for first place, 3 points for second place and 1 point for third place.

Entrants obviously aren't allowed to vote for themselves. Voting closes at 11.30pm on  Tuesday 4th August.

The entry with the most points gets to pick the next song to be covered. In the event of a tie for first place then all those tied will choose a song.

ALL ENTRANTS PLEASE HAVE YOUR IDEAS READY FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE. YOU WILL HAVE ONLY 48HRS AFTER VOTING CLOSES TO MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR SONG CHOICE. IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO THEN I'LL END UP CHOOSING IT FOR YOU! 

Good luck 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Ok... wow... tough one this as there were far to many decent entries :)

Gonna have to go with:

5pts @Snags - beautiful pal!... really like this.

3pts @StephenB - the mrs thought Christina covered this :)

1pt @Bezzer - just for the drums alone!...

top job peeps... top job...

• Loads of great entries.

5 points @Bezzer : Fast paced and crazy drums, great vocals, shreddy guitar. Nice dynamic changes. What's not to like.

3 points @StephenB : Lovely clear epic production. Great vocals again. My favourite for the production style.

1 point @IMC1980 : Another excellent rocker. And great vocals again.

It's not a competition.
  • StephenBStephenB Frets: 75
    Thanks for the votes so far folks :) here are mine:

5 Points @flying_pie - Love that riff and has a really live gig feel to it, which I've been missing

3 Points @Bezzer - So much work went into this, love the vocals, guitar tone, the works

1 Point @stratman3142 - Great drums sound, really like the reggae feel that kicks in around the middle
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited August 2020
    StephenB said:
    @stratman3142 - Great drums sound...

Thanks for the vote. The drums are just a loop from Native Instruments Damage based on a preset called LPS Epic Organic Full.
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/cinematic/damage/

It's not a competition.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1806
    Honestly any entry would be worthy of the top 3 for me but I'll go

5 points @StephenB - this is possibly my favourite ever since we started doing the covers challenge. Outstanding production and so 80s  I can't believe it's not the original

3 points @Bezzer - stunning musicianship, loved the chord play for the chorus and your friend did a brilliant job with the vocals. We'll done

1 point @stratman3142 - I must be in an 80s mood. I really loved this

Sorry to everyone else
    StephenB said:

@flying_pie - Love that riff

Iron Maiden say thank you for that! 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5327
    Really struggled to work out a top three, and then to work out an order, but before I change my mind again ...

@IMC1980 ; - thought I was going to hate it, but by the end of it decided it was genius; great inappropriate G'n'R style take on a song that shouldn't work but somehow does, fantastically

2 @StephenB - must be an age thing; would probably have denied liking it in the actual 80s, but nostalgia is a monkey on the back, and this is just spot on

3 Cousin SlippyFist (@poopot) - just so very wrong :) In all seriousness, with a straight countryesque vocal rather than the comedy one this could easily have come top for me as a quirky take. As it is, it makes me smile every time I hear it. You're a bad man.

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 141
    Loads of entries this time around! Really hard to pick the number one slot, but as of today, after a fresh listen:

5 points @Bezzer - Was very close with @StephenB for the top spot, your guitar performances on this were phenomenal. The track overall sounded like it should have been in a 90s Japanese arcade game, loved it!

3 points @StephenB - As above, there really was not much in it between you and Bezzer; great production and so 80s, it should have been wearing a linen suit. 

1 point @poopot (Cousin Slippyfist) - Cousin SF must have been thinking of Bubba as he laid down those vocals *shudder*

Well done to everyone!

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    What a bloody great challenge.  Wasn't a duff track anywhere to be seen which makes the voting very difficult indeed.  My votes are mainly effected I'm afraid by my current, resurgent rock obsession

It's also bloody annoying as there was one that really got me this month which, tactically, I should ignore.  But that would be a dick move and there's no gain! =)

5 points @StephenB ... its just brilliant, really reminiscent of the sound. Just nailed it.

3 points @IMC1980 ... man, I could listen to you forever, this was on loop for a while.  Just hits me right in the feels as it takes me back to uni.  That's not to diminish the fact that it's really well arranged, superbly performed and a top mix.

1 point @flying_pie ... really close with @poopot (who should at least get some bonus points for doing 2 tracks, the show off) but I think this just fitted my mood better today while listening.

Brilliant all round though, such top work this month.

And thank you all for the nice comments, I was really pleased with how mine turned out this time round. I've never practised do hard or done some many takes for 5 seconds of audio, so very very pleased it was worth it!
    Voting closed