Great YouTube Resource

What's Hot
JiJoeJiJoe Frets: 6
Hello everybody.

Just wanted to pop on to share a YouTube resource that I found to be very informative and interesting. It's the following:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicTheoryForGuitar

The guy does a fantastic job of explaining chordal concepts and helping you to get these into your mind and under your fingers. 
It's the best explanation I've come across of many musical concepts and I felt that this guy deserves to be shared - and I'm sure many of you guitar players will get something out of this. 

No connection at all with the site (I don't even know or see what the guys name is) - but really very good indeed.

Best all!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• drippycatdrippycat Frets: 139
    Thanks for that! I've started watching it and he has a real knack for telling you what you've been wondering about for years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10645
    edited August 2020
    Yup he's good. Blends practice with theory really well.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • cmacguitarcmacguitar Frets: 23
    edited September 2020
    You reminded me that I collected a whole load of notes from videos around 6 years ago. Here's a great video from Gary Burton on improv incase it interests anyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2txO_u2eNg 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JiJoe said:
    Hello everybody.

Just wanted to pop on to share a YouTube resource that I found to be very informative and interesting. It's the following:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicTheoryForGuitar

The guy does a fantastic job of explaining chordal concepts and helping you to get these into your mind and under your fingers. 
    It's the best explanation I've come across of many musical concepts and I felt that this guy deserves to be shared - and I'm sure many of you guitar players will get something out of this. 

No connection at all with the site (I don't even know or see what the guys name is) - but really very good indeed.

Best all!
    That looks interesting. Thanks.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1971
    Looks like a good channel. I actually really like music theory. It’s one of the most interesting things I’ve ever studied. 
  • Great resource that, thank you. As someone who is too thick to learn direct from a book and too tight to pay someone to teach me theory after 18 years of playing YouTubers have really been a great on demand teacher.