SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Lakland Skyline 44-01 bass - £420

RevMattRevMatt Frets: 829
edited October 2020 in Basses £

BOTH NOW SOLD

I'm only an occasional bass player (and not a very good one at that!) and although I only need 1 bass, I have ended up with more than I need so these need to go...

Both are really nice basses and in summary, the Lakland is a really well sorted bass, with good spec, excellent build quality and lots of versatility from the active eq, and for me as a guitarist, the slim neck and low action makes it really easy to play. The Patrick Eggle brings in the interest factor, hand made in the UK back in 1993 when it was still very much Patrick's company. There aren't many of the Milans around so potentially quite collectable, very classy looking and a really great bass.

Either can be tried and collected from Nottingham, or packed for posting, which if you're not fussed about insurance, I can do for £15. 

SOLD - Lakland Skyline 44-01 = £500 £420

In summary this is the Indonesian version of the superb Lakland range - new these range from £800-900, so here's chance to grab a great example at about £350 less than new.

This particular model is the 44-01 finished in sunburst with rosewood fingerboard.
The main spec is:
Body - ash
Neck - maple bolt on with rosewood 'board
Hardware - hipshot tuners and Lakland bridge
Electronics - Bartoloni pickups with active 3 band eq paired with a master volume and blend control

All this adds up to a bass that is comfortable, supremely playable and tonally very versatile.

As an occasional bass player this has had only light use and comes in near mint condition - no dings or scratches. In fact, the only real mark is a tiny bit of a scuff to the tip of the headstock and you might also notice some residue on the tuners where they had film wrapping over them.

The bass comes with a manufacturer's hangtag as shown and I may have a suitable hard case which I can do a good deal on if needed.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 829
    edited September 2020

Sold - Patrick Eggle Milan IV = £500 £435

The Milan was Patrick's main offering for the bass market and was only made for a couple of years from around 1993 - 1994 (in the original Coventry workshop). I think the subsequent owners of Patrick Eggle Guitars may have re-released it, but in terms of the original model there aren't many around. He also did a New York Bass, but these are equally in short supply.

The Milan spec is:

• Body - swamp ash
    • Neck - maple with twin rosewood laminate stripes, rosewood fingerboard with 24 frets
    • Hardware - locking Sperzel Tuners and Eggle bridge
    • Electronics - Kent Armstrong humbuckers. The original active electronics have been removed leaving a twin volume and shared tone control arrangement
    This bass has a really comfortable and ergonomic feel - the body has some lovely contouring which makes it really nice to play.

The bass is 27 years old and shows some signs of use, but is generally in excellent condition. There are a few small dings to the body, neck, headstock, but the satin / waxed finish means these are subtle.

Comes with some Schaller style (although not Schaller compatible) strap pins and locks fitted.

Prices dropped to £435.
    edited September 2020
    Price drop bump for the LakLand - I may be able to  do a good deal on including a hard case if required.
    Hardcase pictured below can be added for £15 - it's a bit dated and a little tatty, but very functional and good fit.