SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Rivera M60, Marshall 1974x

What's Hot
yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
edited April 2021 in Amps £

Rivera M60

This incredibly versatile US-made two-channel 1 x 12 Rivera M60 combo does the lot, from pristine Fendery cleans to a huge and glorious fire-breathing kerrang.

It’s in excellent condition, albeit pretty ugly, and weighs very nearly as much as a small family car, in no small part thanks to the splendid EV12L speaker that the previous owner put in it. 

It’s loaded with features including high and low sensitivity inputs, dual power settings to make it more suitable for home use, and selectable triode and pentode modes of operation for different amp voicings. In addition to the US-voiced (Fender) channel and the more Brit-voiced one (Marshall via Mesa Boogie-ish), there’s also an additional ‘Slavemaster’ channel, which quite honestly I’ve never quite managed to get my head around, as well as a footswitchable ‘Ninja’ boost. It’s also got a very respectable spring reverb. Basically, it can do pretty much everything and sounds great doing it. It can also get bloody loud if you want it to.

I’m mainly getting rid of it because I really only play clean so just don’t need all that versatility. 

Collection preferred, although I could probably deliver for petrol money somewhere in the north of England/Scottish borders if I could combine it with a day’s fishing!

£450 plus shipping, or pick up from Gateshead.

Trades considered for something nice and uncomplicated, maybe even with a single channel. 

Or how about a left-handed guitar? Anyone got anything interesting?

SOLD Marshall 1974x

First up is my Marshall 1974x - 18w of hand-wired British raunch. I thought this would be with me for ever but, you know, priorities change and all that. It's in excellent nick and was very recently serviced and treated to a new set of valves by Martin at Stoneham Amps. Comes with pedal for the trem channel but no box or cover.

£700 plus shipping, or pick up from Gateshead.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ljsljs Frets: 56
    Great amp - glwts 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dts67dts67 Frets: 195
    The best cleans ever - I wonder if this is one of the three (!) I’ve owned over the years !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    Monday morning bump.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    I love that fishing opportunities are a factor in delivery opportunities. I also love a Rivera having previously owned a Clubster 45, an R30 and a Chubster 40. They’re easily the equal of Boogie but never got the following and as such make for killer bargains like this !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I might even go a bit further afield for a day on a really decent bit of water…

I've got to be honest, I'll be sad to see the M60 go as the clean tones are so great, but there are just too many options for me - I get confused by master volume controls! It can do the lot though - I don't think the previous owner ever even tried the clean channel…
    Bump thing for the weekend.
    I remember how the darkness doubled
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    Awesome amp!
    i had the Chubster 55, best cleans i ever played, really crystal clear shimmering clean tones and marshall killing leads. 
    Hand made US boutique amp for not a lot. 
    I only moved mine on because i needed a low power home amp, regretted it a good few times. 
    GLWS
    I recall, lightning struck itself
    I was listening, listening to the rain
    I was hearing, hearing something else
    Life in the hive puckered up my night
    The kiss of death, the embrace of life
    There I stand 'neath the marquee moon
    Just waiting
    edited October 2020

Trades considered for something nice and uncomplicated, maybe even with a single channel. 

Or how about a left-handed guitar? Anyone got anything interesting?

Maybe something a bit tweedy?

I spoke to a man down at the tracks
    1974x now added. (The lefty Ibanez LP propped up against it will probably be next to go!)
    And I asked him how he don't go mad
  • Nice gear! Sorry to let them go.