PRS McCarty

What's Hot
bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2853
edited November 2020 in Other Reviews
Moved due to this becoming a review of two other sellers!!!! 

I took this in trade for a guitar I had hanging around, and whilst it's stunning it's not for me atm.

PRS McCarty, with a special order rosewood neck, in Whale Blue
Wide/ fat neck ,feels like a 59 Junior due to these not having binding on the neck, which is seriously comfortable to play. 

Condition is superb - you'll be hard pressed to find even a tiny mark.
Case has the odd scuff but again is in excellent condition.

Frets are spot on, as is the set up.

Includes all the paperwork, tag and wrenches.

Has been on the forum a while back, so nice to keep this on here :-)

Looking for around £2k including postage - I know how you guys like to make offers.
May trade for a Fender custom shop.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrampaGrampa Frets: 939
    Absolute beauty mate, GLWS. Solid Rosewood neck on my MEQ, nothing comes close.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely Brad 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516

If I didn't already have more McCartys than I could shake a stick at, I'd be tempted.  The rosewood neck and old-school bird inlays are appealing.

Bloody Hell....That didn't take long, I was still counting my pennies!
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Lovely that. I'm a recent convert to them, having recently bought on from the forum. It's probably my favourite solid guitar at the moment.
    Call me Dave.
  • pruddprudd Frets: 653
    I know this has gone, but so has the pic, any chance of putting it back up for me to oggle at?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 173
    Brilliant guitar and a top class seller 
    so happy it’s stayed on the ‘board
  • I used to own this and the neck is gorgeous.  Great vintage/vintage tones to my ears.  A truly lovely guitar.

@Danny777 might fancy it :)
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
    edited November 2020
    I used to own this and the neck is gorgeous.  Great vintage/vintage tones to my ears.  A truly lovely guitar.

@Danny777 might fancy it
    Wow, you're still salty that I called out your profiteering.

Regardless, utterly brilliant guitars. I suggest you move on.

EDIT: I've been asked what the context for this comment was. imalrightjack bought that McCarty on eBay for £1200 (or thereabouts) a while back, then put it up on the forum more or less the next day for £2200 or so. I asked if it was the same guitar and included a link to the auction, then jack threw a wobbly and asked the mods to delete my posts, delete the thread, etc. Then put it up again at £2200.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2331
    edited November 2020
    For anyone kicking themselves at missing out, a VERY similar model is now available from bedroom dealer Fender Fever on today’s £1 final fee deal on eBay, if it’s the same guitar that is - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224233362656

Difficult to tell for sure though with the original sale photo missing from the thread.
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2853
    edited November 2020
    Yep, that's why I pulled the sale on here - and to be clear he didn't buy it through the forum and it was a very quick and easy sale. 

I wanted quick cash as I'd taken it in trade and was able to buy another guitar yesterday.

Thanks @StefB ;;

Sorry guys. 

• Yeah same chap hoovered up this from reverb a few weeks ago 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224226454774

was £1700 on reverb, I dithered and lost 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    StefB said:
    For anyone kicking themselves at missing out, a VERY similar model is now available from bedroom dealer Fender Fever on today’s £1 final fee deal on eBay, if it’s the same guitar that is - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224233362656

I can't get very worked up about the whole bedroom dealer thing, but is there any possibility he'll be able to sell that for £2,785?  (Or the SC-245 for £2,535 for that matter?)

I know it has a rosewood neck which adds something to the value, I know prices of new guitars have skyrocketed in recent years, but my McCartys all cost at least a grand less than that.

• StefB said:

Difficult to tell for sure though with the original sale photo missing from the thread.
    I'm selling a nicer example, with a 10-top at the moment (although I'm not 100% sure I want to sell it!): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143784327583?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  • Nice one @danny_777 ;
    Philly_Q said:
    StefB said:

I can't get very worked up about the whole bedroom dealer thing, but is there any possibility he'll be able to sell that for £2,785?  (Or the SC-245 for £2,535 for that matter?)

I know it has a rosewood neck which adds something to the value, I know prices of new guitars have skyrocketed in recent years, but my McCartys all cost at least a grand less than that.

The price has changed to an even more competitive £3,185 now. Plus postage. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danny_777 said:
    StefB said:

I'm selling a nicer example, with a 10-top at the moment (although I'm not 100% sure I want to sell it!): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143784327583?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
    I have a very similar 10 top RW neck McCarty, but it's not going anywhere. Also obtained, in a very satisfactory and pleasant trade with @imalrightjack and I have no regrets whatsoever. 

Astonishing guitar! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    McCarty/MEQ....Absolutely brilliant guitars, owners enjoy.
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3723
    edited November 2020
    Comedy gold from @danny777 and his inaccuracies and mistruths. God bless our golden champion of the Fretboard, rooting out corruption and profiteering everywhere! He’s our very own Robin Hood. I can just imagine him in tight green leggings. Oooh.

For the record, his figures are wildly inaccurate. I paid £1,500 including postage and believe I listed for £1,999 and, at the same time, the same guitar in a different colour. A) I’d overpaid on the other from Guitar Guitar B I wish to balance the costs C) I intended to keep whichever didn’t sell. Ultimately, I traded it for around £1,600 value. 

What’s missing from Daniel’s one-eyed recollection is that I showed him direct messages with the seller where I warned the seller before bidding that collection only devalued his guitar dramatically and the owner replying to say that he wasn’t bothered, due to selling up to go live on a houseboat. He got what he wanted. No sob stories. A simple transaction. 

Short memory, @danny777? You appear to have omitted to mention the personal abuse in direct messages. For which you were warned about by Admin. I can call on numerous people, @grampa amongst them, that will confirm I have bought and sold fairly throughout my time here. I’ve also helped people in numerous personal circumstances that I can’t really detail. What have you done? Abuse people and moan about alleged bedroom dealers (I’m definitely not one).

I just presumed you might fancy this, as it clearly tickled your fancy when I sold it. You might have been able to offset the cost of the one above. I suspect more likely is that you were just a bit jealous. I get it. Sorry, sir. 

Lastly, I'm intrigued to know why you list guitars on eBay but fail to offer them on here?  Especially when reviewing your sales history, which shows you've shifted quite a number of guitars in the last 2-3 months.  Bedroom dealer?  :o

Peace, brother 

@Legionreturns Thanks. It’s a beauty!

@richardrichard Will likely testify to my buying and selling transparency. 

PS - sorry for being an antagonistic twat in the first place by tagging Danny.  With hindsight, somewhat childish.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    StefB said:
    Philly_Q said:
    StefB said:

The price has changed to an even more competitive £3,185 now. Plus postage. 
    £3,785 now, he must be watching this thread even though he’s banned on here. 

Good sport though, with a sense of humour - well played Fender Fever :-)