Headphone playing options

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23937
    Amplitube free on a smartphone and a suitable interface. L6 Sonicport for example.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    Voxman said:
    Voxman said:
    Must be me, but I just don't 'get' the Waza Air. £350 for headphones with built in Waza modelling that can't be used for anything else?  Just seems faddy, and very expensive.

Surely you'd be better off with a Pod Go or Mooer GE150, 200 or 250, or an Ampero, and a decent set of headphones, both of which could be used independently with other gear? 
    The ambience settings and panning options on the Waza are the difference.

I also have a Helix and a nice set of headphones and even ignoring the inconvenience of having to set it up and plug in, it isn’t as “realistic” to play through even though it sounds “better”. The Waza are immersive, close your eyes and it feels like you are actually part of the performance you are playing along to, this is particularly true of accompanying live recordings.

Also, don’t discount the wireless element, before trying the Waza I’d have said it wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me but having tried it, I wouldn’t go back.
    I understand re ease of wireless, but Pod Go has panning, and isn't ambience just about the type/settings of reverb and cab/mic you use? 
    It’s not the same. It’s wireless. It’s just so easy. One of the best products I’ve ever bought hands down. 
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    edited November 2020
    I use my blackstar  fly it can be used with or without headphones