Strymon Sunset - advice from owners please?

What's Hot
MrTeeMrTee Frets: 499
edited November 2020 in FX
Hi there, I've today received my used sunset, bought from eBay. Powering up using the same supply that my iridium uses successfully, makes the B light flash and 3 audible clicking noises. I have tried factory reset and alternative power supplies and still getting same issue.

Is this normal behaviour, or do you think it's a fault? Obviously I can return if not working correctly, but would rather confirm as it may be expected. Unable to find info in the manual either.

Cheers 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hmmm it seems to ring a bell with me when I had mine. But it was quite a while ago. Does all work ok after that sequence?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 499
    edited November 2020
    Thanks. Yes, works fine once powered up/on. I've emailed seller, who directed me to a Reddit thread suggesting it's a common issue with DSP pedals related to the internal relay on startup. It's odd
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    edited November 2020
    MrTee said:
    Thanks. Yes, works fine once powered up/on. I've emailed seller, who directed me to a Reddit thread suggesting it's a common issue with DSP pedals related to the internal relay on startup. It's odd
    Message Strymon is your next step. They are really great in getting back to you. They always were when I had various questions when I had strymon pedals etc. It doesn't sound like a faulty unit though
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    MrTee said:
    Hi there, I've today received my used sunset, bought from eBay. Powering up using the same supply that my iridium uses successfully, makes the B light flash and 3 audible clicking noises. I have tried factory reset and alternative power supplies and still getting same issue.

Is this normal behaviour, or do you think it's a fault? Obviously I can return if not working correctly, but would rather confirm as it may be expected. Unable to find info in the manual either.

Cheers 
    Mine does exactly the same and works fine so I'd suggest it's normal.