SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Peavey Milestone III Jazz bass

SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
edited December 2020 in Basses £
I suspect this may be too poverty-spec for here, but you never know ...

It's in overall good condition, new-ish (certainly based on hours played) D'Addario round-wound strings (I have no idea what gauge, something 'average') purchased from when I had the neck off to check that the chip/crack in the pocket was just superficial (it is).

Originally purchased off a friend (for far too much in retrospect) to do her a favour, then light use in my role as "occasional emergency bassist" at church/jams, and for a small amount of home recording.

Neglected rather than abused. Would probably benefit from a fretboard clean and a bit more attention to the setup, but has always done what I needed it to as a non-bassist.

Cosmetic issues: a few surface marks on the back, one small scuff/possible pen mark on the belly cut, the aforementioned chip in the pocket, and a ding in the headstock. All pictured (click for the biggies if you need to zoom in).

I can't really post it (no box, and hardly worth it), but happy to meet up within reason, and collection obviously welcome. Located in Hertfordshire.

£60 ono

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    How generous is the pickup cavity under the scratchplate? 
    Be seeing you.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    I have absolutely no idea. Happy to attack it with a screwdriver if you wish?
    @Funkfingers for your viewing pleasure. I would note that the quality of the screws is appropriate to the price-point of the instrument, and whoever put them in prior to this photo was clearing having a very bad day.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    Thank you for the routed cavities pic. Clearly, a P or PJ conversion waiting to happen. :)

At the price point, crumbly cheese pickup height adjustment screws are to be expected. Two applications of a screwdriver and their head slots will be chewed out. Production line persons probably allowed one minute against the clock to install all eight.

Is the control cavity rout wide enough to accept a full size CTS pot for the tone control?
    Be seeing you.
    @Funkfingers I didn't take a tape measure to it, and it's all back in place now, but looking at the measurements for CTS pots I think so. There's certainly plenty of air around the existing pots. You might need to be a bit thoughtful about the angle of the tangs is all.

Frankly I suspect the next time the screw from the lower pointy part of the scratchplate comes out will be the last, and I don't have any spares knocking about that would fit, so I'm a bit reluctant to pop it all off again, although I can if it's vital info.