King Tone Mini Fuzz - Video Demo

JackGriffithsJackGriffiths Frets: 54
edited December 2020 in FX Reviews
Hey folks, I haven’t posted any gear demos on my channel for a while... but I’ve just put up a comparison of two of my favourite fuzzes, the King Tone Mini Fuzz, Germanium and Silicon versions. Check it out and let me know what you think!

https://youtu.be/BveChFazER4

Cheers,
Jack
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
    Nice video Jack. Thanks for that.... are you in need of an MJM London Fuzz?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    I thought the Germanium sounded great with the 335.... :)
  • Nice demo @JackGriffiths  :) I’ve seen a few demos on this pedal on YouTube. Nearly bought one too. But the buffer thang put me off so I went for a Fuzz32 by mad professor. I think you did a short clip on one of those for peach. I’d love to hear you do a full demo like you have here on one as there isn’t much out there for this pedal. I love it though. Just surprised there aren’t many other users I’ve heard about. Price and limited numbers of them might have something to do with that though lol 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Nice demo @JackGriffiths  :) I’ve seen a few demos on this pedal on YouTube. Nearly bought one too. But the buffer thang put me off so I went for a Fuzz32 by mad professor. I think you did a short clip on one of those for peach. I’d love to hear you do a full demo like you have here on one as there isn’t much out there for this pedal. I love it though. Just surprised there aren’t many other users I’ve heard about. Price and limited numbers of them might have something to do with that though lol 
    Hey, sorry for the delay - the Fuzz 32 is great, though I haven't spent nearly as much time with it. Certainly it's a more modern, practical take, but I have a fondness for the old-school intentions of the King Tone - 'warts-and-all', if you want to look at it that way!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
    Which one are you going to treat yourself to? Ge or Si?
  • merlin said:
    Which one are you going to treat yourself to? Ge or Si?
    I'm still not 100%. There are fabulous merits to both and it really is splitting hairs, but I think I'm preferring the Germanium. It just has more of that special 'thing' a good fuzz should, IMO.